Senior Project Manager
CANImmunize is a Canadian-owned technology company specializing in immunization software. With over 10 years of experience, we developed the Canadian Vaccine Catalogue, the CANImmunize app, and most recently, ClinicFlow, an award-winning software solution that powers immunizations across Canada. Our goal is to provide best-in-class digital solutions to improve immunization practice across Canada and protect the public.
What is this opportunity?
We are seeking an innovative, intellectually curious, Senior Project Manager. This person will use their strong organizational skills to lead end-to-end project management activities of key CANImmunize projects while working with leadership to develop project management processes and inspire and coach the project management team on best practices.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, a passion for project management and a proven track record of delivering novel technology solutions on-time and on-budget in prior roles.
What you will be doing
- You will manage all aspects of the project delivery including project schedule, risk management, scope management, scheduling resources, setting goals and priorities, and reporting project status
- Lead the development of scope of work, run kickoff meetings for project planning, and drive cross-functional project execution with Product Owners
- Document and clearly communicate and resolve project-related needs and issues.
- Understand solution functionality and high-level design to actively manage scope and client expectations
- Lead project teams and work collaboratively on cross-functional teams that include software developers, business analysts and medical subject matter experts
- Coordinate clients’ requirements with team members, vendors, and suppliers to meet project objectivesIdentify, flag, and resolve project roadblocks, defusing problems with ease, assessing project and customer needs to match resources needed, and enlisting the support of stakeholders as neededProvide leadership to clients in resolving project related issues
- Develop and foster strong relationships with clients, strategic partners, and third-party providers/vendors to support business objectives
- Benchmark best practices
- Provide high-level updates to leadership
- Leverage and further develop existing project management processes and tools to be used across the Project Management Office to drive consistent, high-quality project management practices.
- Serve as mentor and coach to the Project Management Office to ensure the team is well-versed in our project management practices through training, up-to-date process documentation and day-to-day coaching.
What you need to succeed
- Strong multi-tasking skills: We are looking for someone who can juggle the demands of multiple projects and is comfortable with re-evaluating priorities regularly
- Communication skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills; required to present information to internal and external stakeholders which clearly articulates the message in a relatable and easily to understand format.
- Leadership qualities: Without directly managing individuals, can inspire and motivate colleagues while fostering an environment of collaboration among cross-functional teams. Demonstrate an ability to navigate complex situations and tasks with calmness and composure, setting an example for others.
- Previous experience within a startup environment is an asset: A willingness to be flexible and offer innovative approaches to new challenges.
What’s in it for you?
- On our team, you will see and feel the direct impact of your work; we are building technology that is already impacting the health of Canadians. Digital immunization solutions have never been more important. You will be surrounded by passionate and caring people; learn how to be an entrepreneur and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
Some perks you can expect when working with us include:
- Commitment to your development and growth through a professional development budget, in-house coaching, growth and mentorship
- Work remotely at a company that has been remote-first for years
- Work with a high-energy, fast-paced, and high-performing team
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the vision and success of the company
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great health and dental benefits!We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Qualifications - Required
- 7+ years of experience managing large projects in the IT/business applications space
- 2+ years in a leadership role within a program management function (including related processes, tools and measurement)
- Proven ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external executive stakeholders
- Skilled at facilitating discussions on issue identification, prioritization, and resolution
- Authentic, empathetic, and inspiring leader, dedicated to the growth and success of the people with whom you work
Qualifications - Desired
- Previous experience working within a technology company in the healthcare industry
- At least one of the following or similar certifications in good standing: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Previous experience managing software development projects
If you would like to grow your skills with an innovative team, where you are given an opportunity to have an impact, then apply today!
The COVID-19 pandemic has raised vaccination awareness among government and the general public to an all-time high. This cutting edge space is growing rapidly and requires a unique, flexible, and experienced approach to meet the demand. If this excites you, we would love to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment, however due to high demand, only selected candidates will be contacted to arrange the next steps.