Full Stack Engineer
GMT +3 (+/- 2 hours)
RoleFull Stack Programming
はじめまして /hajimemashite/ 'nice to meet you'
We are a financial technology company that offers mobile daily banking services in Japan. We help customers open a local bank account, manage everyday spending, use overdraft, and transfer money back home.
About your role:
Your mission as a full stack engineer in the product engineering team is to help customers safely onboard our services and to assure they can reliably manage their everyday spending via payments, cards, and cash withdrawals.
Objectives of your role
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive and secure user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Develop new features and infrastructure in support of rapidly emerging business and product requirements.
- Assume initiative to propose and deliver a compelling technical solution from early proof-of-concept to testing against user requirements to market-ready release.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application UX/UI design.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Design and build end-to-end systems optimized for security, speed and scale.
- Participate in all aspects of iterative software development including design, implementation, testing, deployment, publishing, and troubleshooting.
- Search, learn, and familiarize yourself with current tech trends. Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage.
- Collaborate across multiple ethnic cultures via Slack, Jira comments, Confluence documents, and frequent video conferences.
Team and culture:
- Born global and born remote
We are nomads with the world as our home. We demonstrate with kind actions that every employee belongs to our 一門 /ichimon/ 'clan'.
- We are our customers
It's personal, because we have lived through the pain of the underbanked. We empathize with our customers and adapt to their feedback.
- Bring choices to the table
We are proactive in seeking out challenges and opportunities. We are transparent in communication and propose multiple courses of action to deliver a solution.
- Become a learning machine
We continuously upskill to achieve freedom of maneuver with our team and to triumph over challenges.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Experience working with Java, Spring Boot, Flutter & AWS.
- Bonus points for experience working with Kotlin, AWS, CI/CD, RDS, Postgres.
- You are motivated by the impact that your work has.
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development.
- Fluent English is a must.
- You are a confident communicator. Communicating with teammates, collecting requirements, describing product features, demoing work in progress, and providing updates are integral parts of your work.
- You have a self-starter mindset: you enjoy working in a fast-paced team where you can take the initiative. You are autonomous and independent, but you also know when to collaborate with the rest of the team.
- You are a risk-taker: you’re not afraid of challenges, and you think being questioned on your assumptions and decisions helps you grow.
- Previous experience with building finance/banking products.
- Bonus points if you speak Japanese.
What we offer:
- Continuous learning environment.
- Improve your technical skill-set.
- Trust and freedom.
- Supportive and highly skilled team members.
- Great culture of transparency and openness.
- Opportunity to make a real impact in customers’ lives.