Software QA Automation Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
GivingData is changing how philanthropy works
Philanthropists want to improve the world. That's why GivingData is helping foundations improve the way they give.
With GivingData's dashboards, workflows, and collaboration tools, foundations can streamline complex processes and transform how they work with their nonprofit partners. The end result is better grants management, healthier relationships, and increased impact.
We are seeking a QA Analyst/Engineer to aid in continuing to build out a rigorous testing environment that includes detailed Test Planning, Test Cases and Automation. The ideal candidate should have a background in automation testing and a willingness to also participate in functional and manual testing.
The preferred candidate would have automation knowledge and experience using modern automation software like Selenium or Nightwatch and who will work with the members of QA, Development and Business Analysts to design automated testing processes, plans and methodologies that will improve the overall quality and testing environment of the IT department. This is a 100% remote position on our team.
The Software QA Automation Engineer reports to the Senior Manager, Quality Assurance.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Contribute to the development of a complete and robust set of test suites.
- Design and implement sound quality and automated testing methodologies (including test plans, cases, and scripts) in conjunction with end users and project requests to ensure the quality of software produced by the development team.
- Execute these automated and manual tests and perform data validation that will lead to high quality software solutions.
- Work with Software Engineers and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
- Report defects accurately; facilitate issue tracking and successful resolution; assess and communicate risk of various types and help engineers and stakeholders make collaborative decisions about risk tolerance for each production release.
- Performs and oversees system, integration, performance and regression testing.
- Ensures testing is well defined, planned, and executed by validating that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested, and issues are corrected
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and 1-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Selenium experience highly preferred
- Java, C# programming familiarity a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to translate technical requirements into test plans, cases, and scripts for testers
- Familiarity with the Agile software development approach preferred
Why join GivingData?
- We are a purpose-driven company with a goal to strengthen the work of social impact organizations
- You will benefit from the flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan with employer match up to 4%
GivingData is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, where we welcome and support people of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our company and the philanthropic community we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and seek to hire qualified individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socio-economic status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.