🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
To help keep everyone safe, we encourage all applicants to pay close attention to protect themselves during their job search. When applying for a position online you are at risk of being targeted by malicious actors looking for personal data. Please be aware we will only reach out via email using the domain BlueOwl.xyz or HiRoad.com. Anything that does not match those domains should be ignored and considered a security risk.
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates people’s mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a key challenge — it couldn’t identify and acknowledge the positive decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply smart mobile technologies, we can. And that’s what we do. We help our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly, they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We’re a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about using our skills to do good. From data science, to design, engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and beyond — we believe in people who believe they can make the world even better. Join us, and let’s build the higher path that is HiRoad.
We’re looking for an accomplished and well-rounded Managing Editor to oversee our written content process, ensure quality, brand alignment and lead a team of copywriters. You’ll work directly with creative leadership in a highly-collaborative and cross-functional creative team to oversee written content that brings the HiRoad brand to life across all channels, departments and products. As the Managing Editor, you’ll guide usage of the brand voice across all touchpoints, help manage a team of talented writers and collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization. You’ll bring your passion for storytelling, advertising and editorial eye to the work every day to create content that provides real value for our existing and prospective customers, and drives the business forward.
- Lead, manage and inspire a team of cross-functional writers, including copywriting, UX writing, and longform writing
- Work with the Director of Content and Communications and Creative Director to further establish editorial direction for the brand and maintain cohesiveness of brand voice
- As head of written content, partner with growth, marketing, content, design, product and communications leadership to create written content that drives results
- Ensure smooth process and on-time delivery of written content
- In partnership with content marketing, work with stakeholders, including legal, insurance and the executive team on content reviews, edits and approvals
- Own editing and proofreading to ensure adherence to content guidelines, while assuring all content delivers consistently on standards of language and tone
- With the copy team, deliver content that delivers on the goals of channel owners and stakeholders, working closely with partners to refine and iterate toward improved copy performance
- Collaborate with design, product, marketing and customer service teams on content development for brand, user and service experiences
- Research what content our competitors are producing and find new ways for our brand to differentiate and stand out from industry conventions?.
- Review existing copy and historical performance to develop and implement a strategy for copy optimization across channels
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer segments to identify and create paid and organic content that drives interest and results
- Contribute to campaign content across go-to-market channels, integrated advertising, social, web and product
- Build strong working relationships with all cross-functional partners
- Manage editorial element of projects throughout the production lifecycle, prioritize and manage workload as changes arise
- 3+ years of experience in editorial management, content creation and strategy, ideally in a marketing environment
- 5+ years of managing multiple direct reports
- 5+ years of experience writing in a business and editorial capacity
- Comfortable in a startup environment of process evolution, scaling and hyper growth
- You have exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- You have proven experience leading and developing a team of writers
- You love to execute, as well as see the big picture and think in a strategic, conceptual way
- You are passionate about copy that performs and have experience optimizing copy to perform
- You are able to prioritize multiple projects without sacrificing quality.
- You’re an outstanding copy editor and proofreader. You enjoy taking written work from draft form to publication. You have strong opinions about the Oxford comma — and are an AP Stylebook pro.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with the Insurance industry
- Compensation: We offer highly competitive salaries factoring in level of experience, skill-set and location. We are unable to offer equity, so we created a generous annual incentive plan for all employees.
- Benefits: We provide a wide variety of health, wellness and other benefits. These include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and supplemental income plans for you and your dependents, a Headspace app subscription, monthly wellness allowance, home office setup and a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Paid Time Off: All employees accrue four weeks of PTO in their first year of employment. New parents receive eight weeks of fully paid parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which may be taken within one year after the birth and/or adoption of a child.
- Personal and Professional Development: We’re committed to investing in and helping our people grow personally and professionally. All employees receive up to $5000 each year for professional learning, continuing education and career development. All team members also receive Udemy subscriptions and access to multiple different coaching opportunities through BetterUp.
- Location: We are a remote-first company for most positions so you may work from anywhere you like in the U.S. Occasional travel may be required for team meetings or company gatherings. Employees based in the San Francisco Bay Area or in Providence, Rhode Island may commute to one of our local offices as desired.
- Hours: We maintain core meeting hours from 9AM - 3PM Pacific time for collaborating with team members across all time zones.
HiRoad Assurance Company is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.