Chief Operating Officer
RoleAll Other Remote
imaware's mission is to change the world of healthcare and at-home testing. There's never been a more important time to help empower people to take control of and understand their health - all while pushing the boundaries of what 'modern healthcare' should really look like. We're looking for people who will help us think bigger, challenge the status quo, and add to a collaborative mindset of continuous learning. We are obsessed with creating a seamless and simple experience to make sure that our patients are well cared for, no matter where our products meet them in their journey. imaware team members all have a shared passion for answering tough questions in the pursuit of helping our customers, and one another.
Our team has adapted to a hybrid work environment, and work collaboratively both in our Austin office and from home. Despite many of our team members being in different locations and time zones, we're putting in the effort to make sure that our people are connected, cared for, and supported so we can all participate in building a culture that stems from a shared purpose.
As a result, imaware was named as one of BuiltIn's Best Small Places to Work for 2022! See why and apply today!
About the Role
Through imaware's evolution from a direct-to-consumer product to a larger business-to-business offering, our “At-Home-Lab-Tasting-as-a-Service” has stretched our operational abilities to beyond what many thought possible. We now find ourselves at a critical point in our growth where supply chain, laboratory, and general operational capacities need to continue scaling for the bright future ahead!
Reporting to the President, the Chief Operating Officer will act as both a hands-on tactician to ensure key logistical problems are solved, as well as a strategic leader on the Executive team to lay the foundations of our operational success for years to come. You will oversee and iteratively improve upon process efficiencies within Supply Chain and Laboratory Operations teams, as well as consistently deliver key outcomes for D2C customers and B2B partners. As an organizational leader, you will also promote the career development of team members within your organization, and establish the tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for major Operational areas. If you're excited to own the strategic direction of a healthtech startup hitting its growth stage in a unique and expanding market, then here are just a few of the accomplishments you can achieve:
- Measure, track, and report on areas of operational effectiveness and efficiency within Supply & Logistics and Laboratory Operations, iteratively executing on new improvements to continue moving the needle
- Create the logistical processes and infrastructure needed to consistently deliver key outcomes to internal and external customers, going above and beyond to exceed expectations whenever possible
- Act as the operational business partner to teams across the organization, advising others on best practices, and professionally managing expectations at all times
- Promote the professional development of Operations team members, creating the necessary career track framework to encourage growth and new learning opportunities
- Be the operational strategist of the Executive Leadership Team, transparently providing the necessary inputs to inform company-wide goals, with the hands-on approach to always deliver
- Minimum of 15+ years of senior-level Operational experience within the laboratory, diagnostic, and/or eCommerce industries
- Personal experience overseeing major operational scaling, ideally starting within a small-company environment, owning the logistical and process challenges that led to exponential growth
- A business-minded professional who can execute operationally – you've communicated across multifunctional departments (Finance & Accounting, Customer Experience, Sales) to turn chaos and ambiguity into clearly defined, creative solutions
- Extremely quality-focused, appreciating that we're not just delivering products and services, but actionable, life changing medical information that tangibly impacts the health and happiness of thousands of people
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Managements, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- Prior experience working within a startup is highly preferred, or demonstrable experience building operations from the ground-up
- Logistics certifications are a plus – Six Sigma, Lean Management, etc.
- Located within commuting distance to downtown Austin, TX or willing to relocate to the area
- Will consider remote on a case-by-case basis, however, we will expect this person to at least travel to Austin a material amount (25%+)
Benefits and Perks
- Partially and fully covered medical benefits
- Fully covered dental, vision, life, short and long term disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 20 days of PTO
- $75 continuing education stipend per quarter
- Free imaware tests
- Virtual and in-person team building activities/social events
Sound like a great fit? Apply now, we'd love to meet you!