API Technical Writer
🇺🇸 USA Only
This is a remote position.
ITTConnect is seeking a API Technical Writer with experience in the Financial Services / Banking industry to join our team. Our client is a major IT Consulting firm with HQ in Europe, offices in 15 countries and over 9k employees, they are experts in tailored Applications Services to Banks, Insurance and Industry clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in a multi-year green field implementation of a new core banking platform for one of the largest banks in the world. Job is fully remote and will be interacting with a distributed team in the US, Europe and Latin America.
Job Location: Remote. Must be in CST or EST.
- Will work internally and with customer organizations to develop, plan, write, and edit technical documentation using a variety of formats.
- Will ensure that the documentation is written clearly and suited to the needs of the customer’s users, whose technical product knowledge ranges from limited to highly proficient.
- Quickly learn and adopt technology, tools, and process in a fast-paced environment
- Research new trends in information and service delivery
- Lead initiatives to improve content quality and usability and to improve team processes; contribute to strategy discussions
- Adapt writing style to project requirements; apply principles of minimalism
- Research and analyze the customer’s documentation requirements; create doc plan; write technical documentation
- Perform risk analysis, identify potential issues, and create work estimates for doc projects
- Grasp complex technologies with a strong analytical and technical aptitude
- Implement information architecture methodologies and techniques
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Find creative and practical solutions to complex problems related to the creation and maintenance of documentation sets
- Work with limited or no supervision to pursue established goals and resolve issues as they arise
- 12+ years of IT experience
- 7–10 years of experience as technical writer
- 3-4 years of experience developing API Platform documentation
- Nice to have experience working in Bitbucket , Markdown , Gliffy Diagrams
- Highly desirable experience working for Financial Services / Banks and/or Consulting firms
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar