John Snow Labs
Healthcare Data Scientist
RoleAll Other Remote
- John Snow Labs is an award-winning AI and NLP company, accelerating progress in data science by providing state-of-the-art software, data, and models. Founded in 2015, it helps healthcare and life science companies build, deploy, and operate AI products and services. John Snow Labs is the winner of the 2018 AI Solution Provider of the Year Award, the 2019 AI Platform of the Year Award, the 2019 International Data Science Foundation Technology award, and the 2020 AI Excellence Award.
- John Snow Labs is the developer of Spark NLP - the world's most widely used NLP library in the enterprise - and is the world's leading provider of state-of-the-art clinical NLP software, powering some of the world's largest healthcare & pharma companies. John Snow Labs is a global team of specialists, of which 33% hold a Ph.D. or M.D. and 75% hold at least a Master's degree in disciplines covering data science, medicine, software engineering, pharmacy, DevOps and SecOps.
- We are looking for a superstar data scientist, who is familiar and experienced with applying machine learning and deep learning in the area of healthcare. This role requires proven hands-on experience training and optimizing models, building production-ready inference pipelines in Python, performing exploratory data analysis & enrichment, and validating models for issues like bias, overfitting, and concept drift.
- Since we primarily work in healthcare and life science, background in medicine, pharma, bioinformatics, or biostatistics is highly beneficial. A PhD degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- The primary responsibilities will be working as part of a team in customer-facing projects - building models and machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and time series forecasting pipelines that address specific business needs. Working knowledge of Python and TensorFlow is a must; experience with Spark, Spark NLP, and other technology stacks is a big plus. The customer-facing aspect of this role also requires strong oral & written communication skills.
- We are looking for experts who are looking for long-term freelancing contracts and wish to work on cutting-edge problems, learn and grow. This role is for individuals who can commit at least 30 hours per week to this project. We are not able to consider agency or team applications.
- This is a career opportunity that will enable you to expand your knowledge and experience of different tools and techniques, work within a team of big data and data science experts, and make a positive impact with your work. If you qualify and are interested, please include the words 'John Snow Labs' in your cover letter and explain why you are the best fit for this role.
- We are a fully virtual company, collaborating across 26 countries.
- Open to candidates worldwide - work remotely from anywhere.
- This is a contract opportunity, not a full-time employment role.
- This role requires the availability of at least 30 hours per week.