1 to 2 years
Judo is searching for a talented designer who is excited by the idea of joining a company that builds a powerful tool for other designers.
Judo empowers designers to design and build apps without code.
With Judo's Mac app, designers can build apps using the same frameworks as a developer, but through the use of a visual canvas instead of writing code. Judo helps designers fully imagine and envision what's possible, by putting them in the driver's seat and giving them complete control from concept to completion.
The output from Judo is more than a static image and more than a prototype—it is a fully functional app that is ready to be shipped to users instantly, without having to submit to the App/Play store.
Judo's iOS and Android SDKs are installed in close to 100 different apps reaching millions of users. Some of our customers include DraftKings, Cabela's, Chicago Bulls and New England Patriots.
We're backed by the same group that funded Shippabo, Airtable, LaunchKit and more (TenOneTen and Freestyle VC), a top U.S. accelerator as well as several prominent angel investors. We've built a solid reputation with several major sports franchises as clients, and are now charting new territory as we explore the multitude of other industries who could benefit from incorporating Judo into their native app workflows.
Our name derives from the martial art, a key principle of which is “maximum efficiency with minimal effort”. This concept is captured in our mission to enable product teams to build faster and iterate more frequently.
About our team:
We're a group of humans who believe that we're our most creative and most innovative when we have the flexibility to determine where and when we work. We're 100% globally remote and intend to stay that way. Currently we have team members based in Canada, Brazil, Scotland, South Korea and Poland. We're intentional about remote culture, and believe that meaningful connections and effective collaboration with teammates aren't only possible in a remote environment - but that they're crucial for organizational success.
Things move quickly around here. Judo is a fast-paced, self-directed, energetic environment where everyone is bringing a fiery passion to work every single day. We value hustle, balance, innovation, customer obsession, design-centricity and continuous learning. We're entrepreneurial in spirit, creative in our thinking, and experimental in our approach.
About the position:
As a Junior Designer at Judo, you will build interactive mobile designs for both our internal team, and for our high profile clients - including many large brands, retailers, and over 100 sports teams across the NFL, NBA, and NHL.
You will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing comprehensive mobile designs for various customers and sales prospects. You will also be required to create and produce creative interactive concepts, mock-ups and graphics as needed for our various digital channels. Overall, we are looking for an individual who has an affinity for creating innovative digital content and delivering outstanding mobile experiences.
What you can expect as a Junior Designer at Judo:
Your key objectives will be to develop and execute a variety of mobile campaigns for our customers and prospects using the Judo platform. A successful candidate will have a keen eye for the small details and an understanding of how to design for mobile.Though not necessary, an understanding of sports is considered an asset, too.
As a design expert on our marketing team, you'll be working closely with various departments who all enjoy having fun while being productive and effective. Being a tech startup, we are looking for someone capable of managing multiple simultaneous projects and who is enthusiastic about achieving and exceeding their goals.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who is excited by the Judo platform, and is eager to learn how to use it in their daily work as a designer
- Someone who loves storytelling through design, and has an ability to take a project from concept to execution
- A teammate who has the ability to wear many hats, find ways to bring value and a willingness to do what needs to be done
- Someone who enjoys creating great layouts that not only look awesome, but are designed with an eye for UI/UX best practices
- A designer that's on top of the latest trends in digital and mobile design, and loves to continue learning and innovating in the digital space
- Enthusiasm to conceptualize and craft strong mobile experiences that help build our customers' brands and engage their audiences
- Willingness to help establish and enhance Judo's visual identity across web and social media
- A passionate designer who thrives to understand brand needs to create engaging user experiences that incorporate brand and UX
- Attention to detail - we'd love to see you mention “Kano Jigoro” in your cover letter
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
What we hope you'll bring to the role:
- 1-2 years experience in a design-related role
- Empathy for customers; a strong design sense and desire to improve user flows and experiences
- A fierce curiosity for your craft, always striving to learn more and improve yourself
- A demonstrated ability to be productive working remotely and an enthusiasm for remote work environments
- A strong background designing and producing for various digital channels
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and/or Sketch
- The ability to follow and adhere to the brand guidelines of our clients while designing for them
- Bonus points if you happen to have:
- An understanding of Mobile UI design
- Figma experience
- Experience with video editing and/or Final Cut Pro
- Working knowledge of Keynote and designing professional presentations
- Interest in learning how to optimize designs with API-driven content
A few of the reasons why you should join Judo:
- We're a dynamic and entrepreneurial team
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem-solving
- Maintain work-life balance in a remote environment with flexible hours
- We're quickly-growing startup with competitive salaries and stock option plan
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Topped-up maternity and parental leave
- Subsidized co-working memberships
- We encourage open communication with management and company leadership
- Participate in optional virtual social events regularly to connect with colleagues
- Join us for in-person retreats with the full team twice annually
- Take part in the Judo Meetup program, which encourages team members around the world to spend time together in person (all expenses paid)
- Work alongside an international team of smart, kind individuals who celebrate each other and care for each other
If you don't have all of the attributes or particular experience we've listed above, please know that we would still love to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Judo's total addressable market is vast, our platform is unique, and our team is ambitious. If you're eager to be a part of something big in this next chapter of your career - we'd love to have you aboard for liftoff. Apply now!
At Judo, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Judo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we support applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the interview process.