Senior Content Writer
RoleAll Other Remote
We’re on a mission to dramatically improve the quality of our blog content. With the goal of making the Semrush blog the best place in the world to learn SEO.
And we’re looking for SEO-experienced Senior Content Writers to help us achieve this goal.
The good news:
Rather than writing 10 blog posts per month, at Semrush you’ll be encouraged to slow down and focus on quality.
And you’ll be part of our new Organic Content team, which means you’ll work with people who care a LOT about publishing great work.
Plus, this role features…
- Flexible working hours, 100% remote
- Very competitive salary
- Team education budget for books, courses, etc.
- Work equipment provided by us (MacBook Pro, monitor if needed, etc.)
The bad news (maybe):
Our new content standards are incredibly high. We will only be publishing fluff-free, engaging, actionable content that helps our visitors achieve their goals.
That makes this a great opportunity to sharpen your skills. You’ll get plenty of feedback, and you’ll participate in group workshopping sessions (they’re fun, we promise).
But if you aren’t interested in growing as a writer, this role probably won’t be a good fit for you. It also won’t be a good fit if you can’t already write great content.
If you’re able to write useful, comprehensive content that addresses its target keyword’s search intent, we’d love to hear from you.
However, this role requires writing about SEO topics in an in-depth way. So ideally, you have hands-on SEO experience—and not just as an SEO writer. In fact, some of the best candidates may have more experience with SEO than with writing.
(Bonus points for marketing experience in other areas too, like PPC and SMM.)
And finally, you should know the difference between an average blog post that gets ignored and a great blog post that readers love.
- Write high-quality blog posts that deliver incredible value to our readers and rank well on Google
- Revise content as necessary to meet our content quality standards
- Research topics to improve your knowledge, expand upon topics, and strengthen originality of content
- Collaborate with our designers, editors and strategists as needed to produce outstanding work
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts if necessary to ensure content is accurate and useful
- Hands-on SEO experience (and bonus points for experience in other marketing areas like PPC, SMM, and CRO)
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing industry
- Experience writing long-form, comprehensive blog content
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience using Semrush tools or our competitors’ tools
- Ability to write in American English with native-level proficiency
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.