🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
The mission for the Data Scientist is to support the Product, Engineering, and Marketplace Operations teams by building reliable prediction solutions that can help Super Dispatch customers move cars faster. You will analyze and understand customer data, collaborate with other teams and departments, and improve existing recommendation and prediction engines. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced data scientist to work on innovative solutions for our SaaS enabled marketplace.
Ideally this person will be within the Central/Eastern US or European time zones (between UTC-5 and UTC+2), so they are best able to collaborate with both our US and Central Asian teams.
- Build and evolve transformative, real-time marketplace pricing engines based on machine learning and reflective of dynamic market conditions
- Improve existing recommendation or prediction engines by collaborating with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Develop a deep understanding of the overall business of Super Dispatch and the Auto Transport industry
- Improve machine learning models to deliver reliable and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to improve data collection, process and error handling, and data normalization
- Provide thought leadership on data science to Product and Engineering Teams with best practices
- Collaborate with Marketplace Operations and Data Teams to identify and resolve issues using data science and machine learning methodologies
- Curious - you ask questions and are eager to learn.
- Analytical mindset - you are able to structure and process data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Systematic thinker - you can balance big picture strategy with details, you have strong execution and delivery.
- Problem solver - you have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Team player - you have a collaborative mindset, the ability to work with cross-functional teams, and build positive relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Growth driven - you are willing to learn new tools and technologies to work effectively in a rapid growth environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Self motivated - you work independently and take initiative.
- 2+ years experience in a data scientist role, preferably working on a recommender system
- 2+ years of professional experience synthesizing insights from data using Python, R, and SQL
- 2+ years experience with Machine Learning Frameworks (Tensorflow and/or PyTorch) and their real world applications
- Experience working with AWS or GCP
What We Do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we're transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who We Are:
Our diverse team is comprised of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built around learning, growing, evolving, and continuous experimentation. We believe and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.
The salary range for this position is $100k - $120k annually.
Please note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.