The Wanderlust Group
Site Reliability Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
Hi! We’re The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company composed of Dockwa.com, Marinas.com and the forthcoming Campouts. We build marketplaces that connect adventurers to outdoor destinations, and technology that helps those destinations thrive. We believe that the best way we can make the world better is to get people out in it.
At The Wanderlust Group, you’ll be an integral part of a growing team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
We're hiring Site Reliability Engineers! We're sure you've read 100 job postings for this role that describe it in 100 different ways. Perhaps you also saw it labeled as Devops Engineer, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, or with the regrettable use of a word like "ninja." Call it what you want. We think great SREs are always looking at potential solutions with an eye for performance and stability, are among the first to spot and triage production incidents, find themselves unblocking their teammates from any forms of developer experience friction whether in tooling, process, or infrastructure, and are generally eager to dive deep into technical topics and disseminate knowledge. Whether you’re in the role already, a similar one, or a scalability-minded fullstack dev looking for a change - if you think this sounds like you, drop us a line!
A bit more about our Engineering Team:
- We are predominantly a Ruby/Rails & React shop and we <3 Postgres! We also use Sidekiq, Rspec, Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android, Git, Heroku, AWS, and Stripe to name a few
- We are fully remote and have a 4 day work week
- We hold a unique/progressive view on work-life balance (since we also want to be outside!)
- We are right around 100 employees, with 20+ in Engineering; thoughtful growth is what we’re all about!
- Our engineering page with some open source projects we've made https://engineering.dockwa.com/
As an SRE @ TWG you will:
- Be one of our foremost champions of stability and scalability across our products
- Research and evangelize technology choices and best engineering practices across all teams
- Develop tooling and processes to improve overall developer experience and efficiency
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers across teams
- Be a champion for technologies that will empower our Engineers and raise the bar on our products and processes. We use Rust and Terraform internally and support experimentation where it makes sense!
We think the best candidates will:
- Have an understanding of and curiosity for issues that slow down engineers both at an individual and team level
- Enjoy working with other Engineers and participating in architecture discussions
- Have an opinion of development patterns and experience to optimize for the best fit against specific use-cases
- Have an eagerness and ability to quickly gain expertise with new technologies
- Share information and knowledge with others willingly and have an interest in mentoring teammates
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company and culture. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas and campers to campgrounds. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, we operate on a 4-day workweek and don’t cap vacation time. We take Mondays off, and prioritize focus and productivity Tuesday through Friday. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, we are a remote-first company. This, and all positions, can be based anywhere in the United States.