Product Owner / Manager
Product Owner / Manager
£45k - £50k, plus equity
Vestd has changed the landscape of equity, by developing the UK’s original and progressive share scheme platform for startups, scaleups and SMEs. Our mission is to encourage founders to use equity as a lever for business growth, and join us in our mission to increase equity inclusion.
We’ve gone from start-up, to scale-up and our ambitions continue to be big as we drive innovation, strengthen our product and deliver world-class customer service.
The product team currently consists of: Head of Product, a Product Manager/Owner, three Designers, a UX researcher and a UX writer. You will be the second Product Manager / Owner in the team, and will report to the Head of Product.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join our growing product team to:
- Work with stakeholders, as well as sponsor proactive research, to continue to shape the development of the existing product.
- Create, manage and prioritise clear, unambiguous and concise user stories.
- Provide feedback on the roadmap and ensure that development work is aligned with this.
- Communicate the voice of the customer to the development team.
- Confirm that what has been built solves the problem.
- Work with the team to continuously review and optimise the process.
About your skills and experience:
- Experience of product management/ownership experience with a SaaS product, preferably in a dynamic scaling market.
- Strong technical understanding of the software development process, including in agile settings.
- Able to communicate ideas and developments internally, through verbal, written and/or software
- The ability to forge strong working relationships across the business and drive remote collaboration.
- Able to independently identify, plan and manage work.
- Experience conducting research and knowledge of the best methods to get the necessary information.
- A familiarity with share schemes and company structures.
- Experience with collaboration and wireframing tools such as Miro or Figma, and backlog management tools such as Jira.
- Experience of product and data analytics.
What you can expect
Vestd is a fast-growing, ambitious and progressive start up. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic and plenty of hunger to win..
Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses.
Our team works remotely, so you will have a lot of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
Why work for Vestd?
Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard. Here are the award-winning benefits you can look forward to as one of our folk:
- Fully remote and flexible working environment
- Competitive salary
- Equity (of course!)
- Your own budget for personal and professional development
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Support with home working set up.
- 25 days annual leave, +1 day per year for each year of service (up to 5 days) - all pro rata depending on hours worked.
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity benefits
- Regular socials
- Team retreats twice a year (in person and COVID dependant)
- Creative and fast-paced environment
We’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path. It is a great time to join our team and this is a superb role for the right person.
If all that sounds like a good fit then we can’t wait to hear from you. Please email your CV with a covering note to email@example.com, outlining why you are a perfect fit for this role.
We’re striving to build a diverse team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We believe that unique differences are what makes a strong team and are actively committed to building an inclusive work environment.
You will need to be primarily UK based and eligible to work in the country.