Lead DevOps Engineer
Do you want to help build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, diverse, high-impact team? 3Box Labs is building the data rails for Web3, Ceramic. Already powering 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications, Ceramic is the building block for composable data on the web.
You'll tackle novel challenges, work closely with incredible partners and our rapidly growing community, and help us reinvent how data is managed online.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer at 3Box Labs, you will be responsible for leading the team in planning, architecting and execution of the implementation of our platform to serve our scaling decentralized data network. This position reports to CTO and Co-founder, Joel Thorstensson.
Success looks like...
- Serving as leader and expert on DevOps practices while holding teammates accountable, providing mentorship, and implementing best practices for delivering on time. You’ll be prioritizing effectively and leading the platform team to best serve the needs of our engineering teams, our 3Box Labs organization and the growing Ceramic community.
- Architecting flexible infrastructure that serves the diverse needs of one of the largest growing web3 protocols. This includes; simulating network upgrades, running protocol nodes and build pipelines to serve the needs of our core dev teams.
- Scaling our production deployment to support thousands of applications and millions of transactions per seconds at 99.9% uptime.
- Instituting resilient best DevOps practices including testing, continuous deliver, automation, etc. and knowledge sharing within the team through clear documentation, guidelines, best practices, sample code and other components that will help development teams.
You're likely to succeed if you have...
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer / DevOps engineer or equivalent
- 2+ years experience leading and mentoring a skilled Software or DevOps teams
- Shipped large scale infrastructure used in production applications
- Comfortable building infrastructure components from (almost) scratch
- Experience with various infra as code frameworks (e.g. Terraform)
- Worked with multiple different cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Some existing understanding of p2p or Web3 - curiosity to learn counts
- Drive that is result-oriented, are self-motivated, and proactive beyond your duty
- a knack for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and work in a collaborative environment, creative, highly analytical, and strategic thinker.
We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe. We have 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We are impact-driven, intentional about our role, communications, and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction. We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.