Executive Assistant - Pacific Coast
RoleManagement and Finance
We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm that invests early in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive.
500 Global has backed over 6,000 founders representing more than 2,500 companies operating in 77 countries. Our portfolio includes 41 companies valued at over $1 billion and 125 companies valued at over $100 million. Our 140+ plus team members are located in more than 15 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators from some of the world’s leading technology companies.
Department: Executive Operations
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Aly Lopez, EA
Direct Reports: None
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Executive Assistant will play a key role for the Executive Team at 500 Global, serving as a gatekeeper to their schedule and being responsible for supporting a range of projects and processes within the business. The Executive Assistant is well-organized, resourceful, driven, possesses good time management skills and maintains high confidentiality at all times.
The EA will be exceptionally organized, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, a strategic multi-takser, with a deep love of logistics and have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Must be based in the PT timezone or willing to support PT hours.
- Support our Executive Leadership Team in PST timezones
- Managing and organizing highly-complex and demanding professional and personal (as requested) calendars, scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings and travel as necessary
- Arranging complex and detailed national and international travel plans according to preferences, as well as producing itineraries and agendas
- Proactively sending reminders for travel, events, meetings, and deadlines
- Managing meeting agendas, notes and minutes, and follow-up items
- Expense reporting and organization of expenses as necessary (we currently use Expensify)
- Planning and coordinating events and offsites, including logistics and budget requirements
- Assisting with presentations, talks and media communications as requested
- Researching and purchasing items as requested
- Researching and documenting various topics
- Data entry and transcription as needed
- Whatever task comes your way!
- Effectively navigate ambiguous situations independently, with little to no supervision
- Effectively act as a gatekeeper and general deputy of time, fielding internal and external scheduling requests and providing recommendations that are aligned with executives’ priorities
- Extreme discretion and tact, handle highly-confidential and/or sensitive matters
- Extreme attention to detail and organization, with an ability to think through all potential outcomes and plan and act accordingly
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Clear, precise, excellent, proactive and professional written and verbal communication skills; your emails and responses will be seen as the voice of our executives
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- Strong sense of urgency when responding to requests and completing tasks
- Proficiency in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Expensify, WhatsApp and others as needed
- Proficiency in PC and Mac
- Experience working remotely
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of executive administration, supporting more than one executive
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. You should also note that the Company may modify job title, pay rate, work location and benefits at its discretion from time to time as it deems necessary.
- Remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO, plus Holidays
- Eligibility to participate in Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Eligibility to participate in the 401(k) Plan
- The opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the world!