🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
Are you a tech-loving payroll professional passionate about supporting small businesses?
Do you respect the need for organized systems and processes?
Do you crave variety in your day, learning new things and teamwork?
We've been looking for you!!!
A la C.A.R.T.E. Solutions is a growing, fast-paced outsourced accounting and advisory firm with a “Work Wherever” philosophy! This position is 100% remote so you can work from your home office!
Our employees are hand-picked accounting professionals with strong credentials and a CAN-DO attitude towards life and toward each other. We only hire energetic, positive team players that enjoy being challenged and are looking to grow and develop their careers.
We offer fair compensation with full benefits (including unlimited vacation, work wherever, no busy season, a safe harbor 401k plan! and the opportunity to get training and education in new industries, new software and new technology! If you enjoy having variety in your day, learning new things and teamwork, we’re the place for you!
Our clients are small, privately-held entrepreneurial businesses located across the US. We work with companies across various industries including property management, real-estate, data management, professional services, non-profits, transportation & logistics, and distribution.
We are a fun-loving bunch and live by these Core Values:
- Bring Your Best - our team brings their very best to everything they choose to be and do in their lives
- Speak The Truth - we value radical candor and embrace honest and respectful feedback with each other
- Innovate Indefinitely - continuous improvement drives us to be better today than we were yesterday with an unquenchable desire to learn and grow
- Keep The Rhythm & Flow - there's more to life than work. Take care of all that really matters.
The Payroll Manager leads the payroll processes, programs and practices for A La C.A.R.T.E. Solutions which delivers best-in-class CFO advisory and accounting services to small and mid-sized businesses. The firm’s clients get state-of-the-art financial systems and reporting along with expert advice from A La C.A.R.T.E. Solutions’ team of CFOs, controllers, senior accountants and financial analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the payroll process and perform accounting related tasks for clients
- Interface with the firm’s clients in meeting the payroll needs of various types of businesses and non-profit organizations
- Collect and verify time sheets and enter employee information and payroll data into the applicable payroll system of each client (i.e. ADP, Ceridian, Paychex, Paycom, Paylocity, Gusto)
- Upload and process payroll using the latest in payroll technology
- Answer client questions and concerns regarding any payroll processing issues they may have
- Ensure that all payroll taxes and deductions are correct and investigate and resolve any payroll discrepancies
- Process new employee on-boardings, promotions and terminations by maintaining and updating employee files and payroll records
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Administer benefits programs, consult with, and advise employees on eligibility for all insurance and 401(k).
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Prepare periodic payroll reports (weekly, monthly, annually) and any ad-hoc reports as needed
- Process legally required wage garnishments, court ordered deductions and child support withholdings
- Work in unison with our clients’ human resources departments where applicable
- Tracks vacation, sick and personal time (PTO) to ensure these hours are accurately represented on paystubs and to ensure the policies within the payroll system are aligned with the client’s employee handbooks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration, human resources or related field
- Experience with various payroll systems (ADP, Ceridian, Paychex, Gusto, Paycom, Paylocity)
- Hands-on experience with small and midsized companies including non-profit organizations
- Knowledgeable in California payroll laws, updates and best practices.
- Multi-state payroll environment experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing and a professional attitude
- Must have either a Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or be a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
"Work Wherever" philosophy - independence, freedom and flexibility by working from your home office!!
Full benefits including health and dental insurance
Safe-Harbor 401k Plan
No busy season!!
Fun, friendly, and collaborative culture that thrives on individual and team accountability
**NOTE: We are extremely dedicated to employee engagement and hiring for the long-term. To that end, our recruiting process includes 2 short assessments, the results of which will become part of your entire application.