Senior QA Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleFull Stack Programming
The sudden rise in new remote work models has triggered an increase in the adoption of collaboration tools, an acceleration of digital transformations, and the need for visibility into how work gets done. Legacy metrics for assessing productivity in the workplace alone, are no longer sufficient for making the right business decisions in today’s reality. Companies must redefine their tech stack and data-driven dashboards to gain insights into how to inspire employees, boost team efficiency and promote positive outcomes-- all while building a culture based on trust and transparency. Redefining the measurement of performance in the workplace is one of the most important things an organization can do to modernize its workplace. And at ActivTrak, we’re taking on this challenge.
ActivTrak is a product-led, innovative software company that introduced its award-winning workforce analytics platform in 2015. Our cloud-based platform provides productivity insights into how teams work, improving employee and customer experience, while also enabling better business outcomes. At ActivTrak, we recognize the powerful link between these two concepts and we're on a mission to understand it more every day. Alongside 9500+ paying customers, our team uses the platform internally to assess team and organizational performance, hone product features, develop best practices, streamline processes, invest in new innovations, and promote a culture of immediate feedback and transparency.
We are a fast-growing, agile company with a forward-thinking, inclusive culture. Our teams are encouraged to collaborate daily to solve challenges, create and champion new ideas, and execute initiatives that help global customers and their modern workforces succeed by working better together. We’ve grown our team to over 100 people, raised over $70M from some of the best venture capital firms around like Sapphire Ventures and Elsewhere Partners, and have experienced triple-digit growth with ARR in eight-figures. Customers love our product—with an average rating of 4.7/5 stars across 800+ online reviews.
The Position & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you play an important role in ActivTrak's product development and support processes. Senior QA Engineer responsibilities include leading and mentoring less experienced testers, testing new features, building and maintaining our automated test pipeline, designing and implementing test plans, working with developers in debugging and taking corrective actions, regression testing, and communicating testing coverage and bugs found to stakeholders. Your efforts are instrumental to the proper functioning of the ActivTrak web service infrastructure, hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with all phases of software quality assurance including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing. Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
- Prior success as an individual QA Engineer embedded within a product team
- Able to look at the big picture, plan and execute testing strategy
- Skilled in coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Experience using or ability to self-learn test automation frameworks and tools
- Able to use SQL to query and join data for testing purposes
- Experience with using API testing tools such as Postman, Runscope or SoapUI
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in at least one scripting or programming language
- Able to self-organize exploratory tests and utilize heuristics to get results
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the tests you run and bugs you find
- Critical thinking skills and the fortitude to question the status quo
- Able to identify and communicate basic security risks
- Bonus: Experience with leveraging crowd-sourced testing using Rainforest QA or a similar platform
- Bonus: Experience designing and implementing a strategy for performance testing
- Bonus: Experience testing apps on Windows and Mac platforms
- The position is remote within the US
- Minimal travel
- Limited physical demands
We have seven foundational values that are core to who we are and how we work:
- Customer-focused: Our customers are the lifeblood of the business
- Respectful: Treat everyone with respect, decency, and kindness
- Innovative: Be bold; experiment and learn/fail fast
- Data-driven: Measure what matters most
- Open and direct: Engage in open and direct dialogue across teams
- Accountable: Be accountable to each other, our customers, our partners, and yourself.
- Execution-oriented: We value the spirit of debate, new ideas, and fast decision-making
This is an incredible opportunity to embark on an exciting journey with a dynamic, VC-backed company. If you have a positive attitude towards urgency, risk, and challenges that comes with working in a startup environment, then you will be a great fit! To see the many faces of ActivTrak, visit https://activtrak.com/our-team/.
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #LI-REMOTE