Remote Frontend Engineer - Marketing
Adblock, Inc. is a small team that serves tens of millions of people worldwide. Our vision is to provide our users with simple, intuitive tools to block distractions, protect their privacy, and put people in control of their internet experience.
Our products—Adblock Plus, AdBlock, and AdBlock VPN—have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times and work in all major web browsers, as well as on macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
Our team has been fully remote since its inception, and we each work from whatever location works best for us. What unites us is a desire to give users control over their web experience.
We’re rapidly growing our business to empower every individual to take control of their internet experience. To do so, we need to find effective ways to explain how our products can help enjoy a distraction free internet experience.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our new Marketing Team and help us achieve our goals around growing our user base and optimizing our websites. You’ll be joining a team consisting of UX Design, Engineering, and Data Analytics, tasked with finding the best ways to communicate with both existing and potential users, explain our product offerings, and convert free users to happy paying customers.
What You'll Do:
- Create, update, maintain, and improve web pages, flows, and conversion funnels
- Work closely with related roles, teams, and stakeholders to get things done concurrently and on schedule
- Work on implementing and measuring complex and ambitious split tests and in product messaging schemes
- Contribute to the development and discussion of ideas within the team
- An interest in ad blocking, internet privacy, and similar subjects
- Experience working on growing and converting freemium user bases
- Experience optimizing user experiences using bayesian split testing
- Detailed knowledge of website and web app development standards and best practices
- Experience developing internationalized websites and web based user experiences
- Availability to collaborate with teammates in Europe on a daily basis (at least 3PM to 7PM CEST)
- Availability to travel to meet with teammates in the US and Europe at least twice a year
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English is required, second languages are a plus)
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with NodeJS, Python, PHP, and bash (ordered by importance)
- Experience with static website building, automated browser testing, and cloud function development (e.g. Cloudflare workers, Firebase functions)
- Experience with free and open source software and software communities, especially privacy and security related
Why You'll Love Working at Adblock:
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage*, 401K matching*, 14 weeks of paid parental leave, and more.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. We meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We encourage our employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy by offering at least 28 days of paid leave.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a setup of your choice, based on what you need to work effectively.
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available in select countries (including the U.S.)
We'd Love to Work With You!
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Adblock, Inc. to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please click “Apply for this position” to submit your resume on our careers site.