Compliance Director, Regulatory Advisory and Exams
RoleManagement and Finance
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team is seeking a Compliance Director and regulatory advisor responsible for various second-line advisory functions, regulatory projects, examination preparedness and examination processes at Affirm. This is a highly visible role that will require this person to engage with various partners internally and externally. The role will report to the Senior Director, Fair Lending & Regulatory Advisory and will work cross-functionally with other teams.
Affirm’s Compliance team provides company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that business units abide by applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, and business processes, and evaluates adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. We provide appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to Executive management and the Board, set minimum standards for the company, and provide guidance for compliance risk management activities across the company.
What you'll do:
- Possess and maintain a solid knowledge of consumer compliance laws, regulations and best practices and recognize how they relate to Affirm's business model.
- Articulate key Compliance risks at Affirm and the controls Affirm employs to mitigate those risks.
- Independently fulfill examination requests, coordinate directly with key collaborators to fulfill various external obligations, and manage examination processes end-to-end from a Compliance perspective.
- Participate and lead efforts, including but not limited to mock exams or targeted assessments, as part of ongoing exam preparedness.
- Write reports, memos or presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of compliance review activities or risk escalations and communicate to key stakeholders across the company.
- Manage and coordinate corrective actions resulting from Supervisory activities, including management reporting of progress.
What we look for:
- Advanced degree or CRCM or similar designation, preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance Risk, Audit, or Bank Regulatory
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory compliance reviews
- Experience with tracking and monitoring corrective actions, audits or exams
- Experience with consumer protection and general banking regulations of the Fed, FDIC, OCC, and/or CFPB
- Demonstrated sound decision-making, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects
- A team player mindset, pitching in wherever needed
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm’s products
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor; you take your work seriously but not yourself
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $222,300 - $325,000
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $200,000 - $300,100
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people coming first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family-forming expenses
- Time off - Competitive vacation and holiday schedules allow you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.