Brand Design Lead
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service.
That means that customers upload their data to our open source software. They pay us to manage the software and everything related to it, so they can focus on building their own apps and services without worrying about data.
We’ve got the will - our mission: make developers’ lives easier, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a Brand Design Lead with a strong vision to work within our Brand team. You will have an integral role in shaping how our brand is perceived and how our strategy is expressed through our visual identity. You will also guide the design process and outcomes, and coordinate with other department leaders.
Aiven is growing rapidly, so we are looking for someone who has previous experience in building and developing visual identities in collaboration with various stakeholders, and can hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment. With a background in graphic design and art direction, you are accustomed to basing design decisions on customer insights, market research, and data.
- Own the development and documentation of our visual identity, use data and relevant market insights to guide your decisions
- Instill design system thinking in our organization and build templates, standards and processes to enable efficient turnaround and empower designers in different teams to do their best work
- Lead and motivate brand designers, including critiquing their work, providing development feedback, and managing their work priorities and workload
- Act as a brand advocate and a strategic partner within the Marketing department and the designer community, influence stakeholders to create the biggest possible impact
- Work with cross-functional teams on creative planning and briefs, scoping of work, and delivery to ensure brand consistency
- Hands on design experience in a B2B environment, experience driving design initiatives in a technical SaaS environment is considered an advantage
- Proven experience in building and developing visual identities that resonate with the audience and drive business impact
- Previous managerial experience
- Conceptual knowledge of brand building through your area of expertise
- Influencing and coaching skills; experience in partnering across teams to determine objectives and create impact
- Project management and process development experience
- Highly skilled in using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, experience in UX design and design thinking are an advantage
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Flexible working hours, including remote working when needed
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Compensation for your open source contributions in your free time
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
Please note that benefits and perks may slightly differ depending on location.
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved