Senior Dev Ops Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
As a Senior Dev Ops Engineer at Alegion, you will be responsible for deploying and maintaining the infrastructure needed for Alegion's AI Enablement Platform and related software products. This includes, among other responsibilities, configuration management, build and deployment automation, monitoring, alerting, and escalation. We are looking for an individual who has a strong passion to learn and takes initiative in developing solutions to problems they find.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate as a technical member of an Agile team to develop Alegion's AI Enablement Platform.
- Collaborate with the team to implement infrastructure solutions for deployment, monitoring, alerting, data storage and security.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies based on current and future requirements, performance, cost effectiveness, and reliability.
- Review existing infrastructure to suggest improvements and optimizations.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to groom user stories, including providing implementation details, estimating effort, and contributing to acceptance criteria.
- Develop clean, well-designed, reusable, scalable code following best practices.
- Pair program with fellow engineers and perform code reviews of their design and code.
- Share knowledge with peers in dev shares, code dojos, and lightning talks.
- Embody Alegion's cultural values in your everyday work and interactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- 7+ years experience as a Software Engineer or Dev Ops Engineer working on distributed, large-scale SaaS enterprise systems.
- Extensive cloud experience in AWS (EC2, ELB, EKS, IAM, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, S3, etc.), AWS Certification preferred.
- Proven track record of configuring and administering Kubernetes in a large scale environment.
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins, Github Actions, TravisCI, etc.).
- Expertise with application performance monitoring tools such as DataDog, NewRelic and open source alternatives (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling and automation (e.g. Terraform, Chef).
- Experience with microservice architecture, including containerization (e.g. Docker), serverless architecture (e.g. Lambda), messaging and streaming (e.g. Kafka, SQS).
- Strong scripting experience in Python, Bash or others.
- Strong systems administration experience.
- Machine learning, Computer Vision, and crowdsourcing experience a big plus, but not required.
- Start-up experience and entrepreneurial spirit highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation).
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We have methodically built a strong team of talented software engineers from the best companies in Austin and other locations. We adhere to the Alegion Engineering Manifesto, a set of principles we follow in our everyday execution and interactions. Our software engineers work in small, co-located Agile teams, each team with a dedicated Product Owner. We constantly iterate on what we build and how we execute. We value learning and continuous improvement above all.
The pillars of our Engineering organization:
- Technical Excellence
- Flawless Execution
- Continuous Improvement
Do you want to help work in the most exciting and impactful technology space of our time? Do you want to serve those who want to work and create new opportunities in the global workforce?
Alegion is transforming how enterprises execute on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning projects, while transforming the way people work. Our AI enablement platform integrates human intelligence at scale into the creation of high-quality training data, the validation and scoring of AI models and real-time exception handling. We do this through our advanced data and task management platform and our growing network of on-demand trained human data specialists. By combining human intelligence and artificial intelligence, Alegion processed large-scale and complex data tasks that provide the context, emotion and humanity that machine intelligence cannot achieve while delivering the highest quality results, at scale, and at the most effective cost. https://alegion.com/company/
Alegion's AI Enablement Platform is a robust technology system that supports a wide array of data processes designed specifically for AI, ML, NLP, Computer Vision and Deep Learning systems. It provides the ability to define and configure complex data task workflows including multi-step and conditional paths for text, photo, video and audio. It also manages the distribution of tasks to human data specialists based on required skillets and other criteria and has built-in quality control processes that provide exceptional data quality, predictable pricing and scale to process large volumes of data-intensive tasks.
- We have a well-defined mission, and strongly-held core beliefs and cultural values
- We promote a workplace where employees can make an impact beyond financial results
- We believe in being truly Agile in every decision, action and interaction
- We recruit talented employees who are a strong fit for our culture and high-performing teams
- We value learning and teaching, and heavily invest in employee development and growth
- We foster a collaborative, team-focused and autonomous work environment
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- Meaningful stock grants
- Open PTO plan
- 12 company-paid holidays
- Austin, TX (or REMOTE)
COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
To complete your application, you must:
(1) Apply and submit a resume using the Apply feature on this page, and
(2) Complete 2 Predictive Index assessments. The PI Assessment link below will initiate the first survey. The link for the second survey will be sent to your email address upon completion of the first survey.
The PI assessment should be completed in your native language for accurate results, even if you are fluent in one or more additional languages. The language choice is private and is not recorded in the results.
Alegion is an equal-opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.