HR Specialist, Mergers & Acquisitions
RoleAll Other Remote
Alliance Animal Health is a fast-growing, private equity backed Veterinarian Service Organization that operates as a majority owner and business partner to many veterinarian practices across the US. Our goal is to make it easier for our practices at every step by providing world-class business solutions like talent acquisition, marketing, human resources, finance, and operations, so that they can focus their energy on providing incredible care for animals. In fact, our Core Values are (quite literally) written with PETS in mind: Passion, Engagement, Trust and Service.
We want our doctor partners to choose what's best for their practice because they are the experts in medicine, while we customize the support, the co-ownership approach, and business solutions based on their goals. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture of open communication and collaboration to deliver innovative solutions to advance today's veterinary environment - without disrupting the medical autonomy and what makes each of our hospitals unique. Because at the end of the day, our central support team exists to serve our practices. So, if you're excited about using your HR talents to make an impact on the health and wellness of people and pets - we'd love to talk with you!
As an HR Specialist for Mergers & Acquisitions, you will play an important leadership role on our Human Resources team at Alliance Animal Health. Your role is primarily responsible for leading the end-to-end HR life cycle for the Mergers and Acquisitions process, including project managing HR due diligence and planning our HR payroll, systems and benefits integration for all new partner hospitals joining the Alliance network. You will report directly into the Chief People Officer and will work and collaborate closely with other members of the HR Leadership Team, the Business Development, Integrations and Operations teams, and will work as a primary point of contact for our selling DVM partners and their hospital leadership teams. This role is a remote, U.S.- based position but will require extensive travel to support our aggressive growth strategy.
- Build trusting relationships with future and new Alliance Animal Health partner veterinary practices and their leadership teams to serve as their primary HR point of contact during the early days of new partnerships.
- In partnership with Business Development Integrations Lead and HR leadership, provide input and guidance into employee communications from initial partnership conversations to transaction close as it relates to HR programs and policies.
- Lead and support the HR M&A due diligence process for all pending and new partnership opportunities, including detailed analyses of compensation, health and welfare programs, retirement programs and HR policies (e.g., paid time off, vacation) of all future Alliance partner practices.
- Present HR diligence findings in executive summary format to AAH senior leadership, BD/Integrations/Operations team members and selling DVM partners.
- Make people-related integration recommendations to HR, Operations and Business Development leadership to support smooth and successful integrations into the company.
- Create scalable deal and integration HR playbooks and best practices, leveraging automation and technology when possible.
- Coordinate internal resources to smoothly execute all HR, people-related pre- and post-partnership HR activities (both onsite and remote).
- Develop and maintain HR projects including development of training materials for HR teams supporting deal activity.
- Collaborate with regional Operations team to help drive successful M&A transitions and new partnerships.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
It's Just Who You Are:
- A strong collaborator, relationship builder, and creative thinker who is a problem solver and self-starter and can connect the dots at a strategy, program and project level. The successful candidate is a team player who can build networks quickly and adapt easily as priorities change.
- Promotes relationships of trust and respect. Ability to quickly assess a situation and adapt as necessary.
- Ability to advise, challenge and influence at all levels.
- Able to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Comfortable working independently and on teams with tight timelines and multiple priorities in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Can listen effectively and communicate information clearly.
- Ability to drive projects and execute results on or ahead of schedule.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in corporate Human Resources or HR consulting; HR Generalist, Compensation, Benefits, and/or HR Operations experiences highly desired
- Valid U.S. drivers license with satisfactory driving record required.
- Veterinary, Healthcare or Dental multi-site industry experience and/or HR M&A experience strongly preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time up to 70% during peak periods. This role will be leading M&A projects across the continental U.S.
At Alliance Animal Health, our Passion, Engagement, Trust & Service model isn't just for our partner hospitals, it's our commitment to our Central Support teams too! This means we go out of our way to offer an inspiring and engaging work culture, excellent learning and development opportunities and career progression opportunities as our network grows. The compensation package for this position includes a competitive base salary, target bonus, paid time off and benefits.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
If you feel like this is a position that you would thrive in, please apply or email Skyler Zyniecki at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved