Remote Content Marketing Manager
Anywhere in the World
RoleSales and Marketing
About this role:
Our Content Marketing Managers (or CMs, as you'll probably hear them called) are the backbone of the work we do at Animalz.
This role is first and foremost a writing position. You'll work closely with an editor to write approximately two ~1,500 wordpieces per week. CMs spend roughly 70% of their time writing.
Along with writing, you'll proactively manage customer relationships with the support of a Customer Success Manager. You'll also level up your knowledge of SEO, strategy, and other content-related skills.
The ideal Content Marketing Manager will have experience in three areas: writing long-form (~1,500 word) content, managing customer accounts, and executing content strategies. The length and depth of your experience can vary, and our team works closely with all CMs to grow their skills in these areas long-term.
We're looking for folks with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences for this role. We have former freelancers, journalists, strategists, marketing generalists, and more in the CM role. We encourage everyone who's interested to submit an application, and we'll be in touch if we think there's a potential fit.
This role reports to a Team Lead, and may also work closely with Editors. The salary range for this role is between $50K-85K USD yearly (plus benefits as listed below), dependent on experience.
- Unlimited PTO
- $50 health and wellness stipend every month
- $25 lunch stipend every month
- Profit sharing end of year bonus
We'd like to hear from you if:
- You're interested in content marketing as a career
- You have experience writing long-form content (1,500 words or more) like blog posts, guides, and ebooks
- You have knowledge of, or have directly written for, B2B audiences and decision-makers
- You're well-organized and independently motivated
- You love working directly with customers and/or stakeholders
- You want to improve your writing by working closely with an editor
- You understand, and have experience with, on-page SEO
- You understand distribution channels for content, including search engines, social media, and email
- You're able to describe or create a content strategy for a given audience
- You have a reliable internet connection/access
- You can regularly work EST hours, with an overlap of 4 hours per day, to collaborate with customers and members of the team
Learn more about being a Content Marketing Manager: