Design Manager - Aviation
10 to 15 years
At Anser Advisory, we strive and succeed by creating smart, dynamic and professionally skilled teams to deliver extraordinary projects for our clients. You will work on interesting projects which will expand your expertise and hone your technical skills through the ability to access the most advanced technology on the market. Your successful impact will help us obtain our goal of being the nationwide go-to professional services provider. Anser provides our clients with advisory, compliance, program and project construction management services at the highest level of dedication.
Our relationships are on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service levels to our clients which has resulted in our rapid growth, nationwide.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Will work on behalf of Anser and the client. Assumes role on projects as the client’s advisor in Aviation Terminal design and construction.
- Act as extension of planning and/or design staff for the airport.
- Liaises and coordinates with airport staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants, and airport staff.
- Analyze client problems and develop architectural solutions to those problems.
- Perform design reviews on behalf of clients at design milestones.
- Assist airports with formulating and implementing their capital program by understanding the challenges and unique operational characteristics of the airport environment.
- Demonstrable establishment of collaborative relationships with stakeholders involved in planning, design, and construction of airport facilities.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of various disciplines to be used during construction, as well as the methods and techniques to be utilized for installation.
- Able to interpret and utilize schedule information, performance metrics, and financial data.
- Manages multiple projects while coordinating all aspects of assigned projects, as well as stakeholders as required.
- Expected to work closely with all stakeholders at an airport including but not limited to airlines, tenants, executives, municipal officials, etc.
- Actively manages schedules, programs, communications, various administrative tasks and prepares documentation as required.
- Provide consultations on negotiations with clients during the project development and bidding phases.
- Ability to self-research and analyze potential design requirements and governmental regulations.
- Responsible for adhering to and developing client standards.
- Excellent people management skills and ability to converse and communicate with all levels of staff, including executive-level discussions and presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field.
- 10-15+ years of experience.
- Experienced in Airport/aviation terminal design and construction required.
- Experience in Airport related projects.
- Experienced Architect with experience in the design of airport terminals and facilities.
- Experienced in all phases of work including design development, specifications, design review, and construction drawings.
- Experience in Construction Administration, Construction Management and Program/Project Management.
- Fundamental knowledge of aviation, airport operations and airline management are required.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of architecture/engineering practice with emphasis on design, construction methods, value engineering, high-level planning, integration of systems, building costs/codes, commissioning, and advisory services.
- AIA/RA certification and/or PMP.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; adaptable.
- Significant experience with leading project(s) utilizing Construction Manager at Risk delivery method
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our firm stronger. Each of us contributes to our inclusive environment in the way we act, our level of commitment, encouragement to others to share their ideas, and our everyday, outstanding teamwork to support our clients. We also support professional for our staff and celebrate their accomplishments.
Simply put, our firm is better...because of the people we work with.