Director of Growth Marketing
RoleSales and Marketing
About Us | ApexGrowth.co (Apex Growth) is a growth marketing agency.
We provide strategic consulting for technology companies poised for hyper-growth. We specialize in paid media, conversion rate optimization, management consulting, and custom marketing technology implementation.
Scalable growth requires an investment in engineering and data resources. In particular, we help businesses launch major programs with minimal headcount. Companies turn to us, their outsourced growth marketing team, to solve their most pressing issues related to growth.
Our team’s unmatched expertise in growth marketing, engineering, and product is our way of ensuring that our solutions outpace our clients’ internal abilities and provide exceptional value.
Role: Director of Growth Marketing
Location: Remote (US/Canada Based)
Employment: This is a 1099 / contract position / contract to hire
About the Role:
The Director of Growth is one of the key leaders within Apex that acts as the hub for client, the Apex growth marketing, and leadership groups. This individual will lead an expanding team of Growth Marketers working with a number of our large clients. The role will report into the Vice President of Growth.
Former co-workers and bosses would describe you as someone who is:
- Able to self-teach themselves through reading, networking, and educating themselves on new concepts.
- Obsessed with learning about customers, their behavior, talking to them, and what drives them to use a product or service.
- Setting the standard for what it looks like to be in the top 1% of growth marketing. Doing that through training, presenting, creating frameworks, and poking holes in the work being done by the team.
- Humble because you know there is always room for improvement in the work you’re doing.
- Aggressive in moving initiatives forward because we’re always 1 day behind on everything we want to accomplish.
- A storyteller who gets excited about the idea of explaining complex ideas in very simple terms.
- A (reformed) perfectionist who is willing to get into the weeds of a problem, but knows how to aim for 80/20 when needed to get things done on time.
- An expert in one area of growth marketing, but able to recognize where their skill gaps are and how to fill that in with support.
The Director of Growth Marketing Will:
- Strategize: Develop and execute comprehensive growth strategies that align with client goals and objectives across paid media channels such as Meta, Google, TikTok, and other marketing platforms.
- Always Be Testing: You are always pushing to measure the impact of efforts, whether that is an A/B, multi-variate (MVT), audience split, matched market, or geo-lift test. In some instances, you may have to improvise and discover new methodologies to measure the impact of hard to gauge channels like YouTube or Google Search.
- Be an Event Expert: You are the resident expert within the Growth team on understanding optimization events (the events passed to the marketing platforms). You should be able to discuss the tradeoffs between client vs server-side events, how to choose which events to pass, quality assurance of event setup, and correlation of the events to downstream KPIs (like LTV).
- Be an Executive Communicator: The communication concepts within Smart Brevity come naturally to you. You are able to adapt your communication and presentation style to an Executive-level audience (often with limited time). That means being crystal-clear about what they should and shouldn’t be focusing on and saving these leaders time.
- Raise the Bar: Most organizations we work with have high-functioning growth and marketing teams in place. You should be the bulldog that is setting the pace for moving fast and getting an alignment to test new strategies. That means you may ruffle some feathers, but know how to package your communication in a way to get buy-in.
- Be a Process Builder: It’s impossible for you to know 100% of what is happening in the weeds with your team. We are looking for a leader that can build the processes, reporting, and plans that give them the level of granularity to know what’s going on in their program.
What You Need
- 8+ years of experience in media buying or growth marketing with at least one channel at an expert level proficiency
- Proven track record of driving growth and revenue through paid media campaigns
- Strong analytical skills, with experience using data analytics tools to track and measure campaign performance
- Experience measuring data with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Experience managing conversion tracking with Google Tag Manager and optimizing conversion events
- Experience measuring and analyzing first and third party data with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, and Looker
- Excellent understanding of audience demographics and how to target specific groups of people
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and incrementality tests
- Creative problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate complex marketing concepts and strategies to stakeholders
What Apex Growth offers:
- A great flexible remote work environment—equal parts laid-back startup and motivated meritocracy
- Daily opportunities to grow your technical skills and capabilities & professional development opportunities within the organization
- A highly accomplished executive team with a plan to scale Apex Growth, that works with you to become a major player in the growth marketing agency space
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- 401(k) with company matching
- Generous (and by generous we mean unlimited) PTO
- Paid Vacation, Paid Bereavement, and Paid Family Leave
- Full Health Benefits (Dental, Vision, Wellness)
- Oculus 2 Headset for company-sponsored monthly team socials
- Learning and career development program
These benefits are applicable to Apex Growth, US and CA based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
Still wondering why you should consider joining the Apex Growth team? Hear from Apex Growth Co-founders David Mausolf and Dave Riggs talk about what sets us apart.
Why join the team at Apex Growth?
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved