Lead Product Owner
Architech is a Toronto-based software company with over 16 years of experience in creating technology solutions for clients across North America. We leverage the latest cloud technology and hire top talent to modernize applications so that businesses can succeed in today’s digital world.
Our Dream Team has a main hub in Toronto, but expands across Canada and Kraków, Poland. Our team consists of over 100 certified technical experts in our Product, Design, Engineering, and Delivery disciplines. Our values drive our culture of success: Think Big, Be Open & Collaborate, Never Fail a Client, Grow Our People, Do the Right Thing, and Embrace Change.
Be Open & Collaborate: Our Culture Says It All
You’ll work very closely with a diverse tight-knit group of creative and talented people who are passionate about technology, software, and solutions. Not only will you work in a collaborative and supportive environment, you’ll also grow your existing skills while keeping up with technology trends.
Who We Are
We’re passionate about creating an environment where every team member feels empowered to share their unique point of view. We celebrate diverse talents and encourage our teammates to share their whole selves – because our greatest source of inspiration is each other, and we believe diversity drives innovation.
In order to be inclusive, we must be intentional. We have taken a multi-pillar approach to D&I at Architech including: Listening & Learning, Being an Ally, and Accountability.
In 2020 we launched our first Diversity & Inclusion survey. While we are always striving for more equal representation, we are very proud of our results:
- 31% women, 57% BIPOC, 14% LGBTQIA+
- 49% of our people were born in countries other than where our offices are located. Our team members collectively speak 19 different languages. 59% of our people speak more than one language
- In the past year Architech has increased the number of women in our technology function by 200%. We strive to do even better as our multi-year strategic plan unfolds.
- We analyzed salaries by gender of persons in the same role and are delighted to report a 0% gender pay gap in our delivery and technology roles!
What Our People Say
“Employees of different backgrounds interact well within our company” – 97% of employees agree
“Architech respects individuals and values their differences” - 96% of employees agree
We Grow When You Grow
We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the tech community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as Learning Budget, Certification Bonuses, Internal Bootcamps, Summit Days, Lunch & Learns and much more. And this is just the beginning. Check out all our other great benefits.
Welcome to Architech.
- Grow and mentor a team of Product Owners including interviewing, onboarding, mentoring, and other team management responsibilities, ensuring the team is properly supported, happy, and achieving delivery excellence.
- You will facilitate cross pollination of knowledge and practices between our internal Product Management team, Product owners, and clients bidirectionally.
- Build the team’s passion for delivering value to customers using Agile Project Delivery.
- Conduct weekly meetings with each Product Owner in order to review work, assess project issues, identify risks and remove obstacles.
- Proactively recommend and implement Agile delivery process improvements that align with established Delivery and organizational processes.
- Work collaboratively with design and development teams to bring client vision to life and develop service catalogue for Discovery engagements.
- Lead client-facing ideation sessions, workshops, and requirements gathering engagements.
- Work collaboratively with designers and engineers to translate business and end-user objectives into usable digital interfaces.
- Create and maintain project backlog on assigned projects while prioritizing and updating requirements.
- Apply technical expertise to write clear, concise stories for engineering teams on project engagements.
- Test and validate that functionality has been developed correctly and meets the business objectives as described in user stories.
- Report significant changes, resource needs, obstacles and risks to the Project Manager or Head of Service Delivery for recommendations and approvals.
- Establish strong relationships with client representatives and advocate to keep parties aligned to project and product objectives.
- Support pre-sales activities to outline overall solution approach and define a success measurement framework.
- Research industry landscapes and market factors that impact client business goals as they relate to the project.
- Spend 60% of overall time on billable project work, and remainder on people and product owner practice improvement.
- Manage administrative duties for the internal Product Management, where business direction will be provided by our CTO.
- People management, people development and coaching, and product practice improvement experience is a must.
- You lead with empathy and pragmatism, balanced with progress towards vision and strategy.
- In depth knowledge of and certified in one or more Agile frameworks, preferably Scrum, Lean, and/or XP, ideally as a Product Owner.
- 10+ years of experience delivering custom applications and defining and documenting user requirements and stories in a Product Owner role.
- Experience facilitating workshops and other client facing engagements.
- Experience building custom software solutions in an Agile setting.
- Excellent technical writing, verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience with enterprise level solutions is an asset.
- Enjoy higher level strategic thinking and then getting your hands dirty with execution.
RRSP Match from Day 1
Employers Paid Health and Dental Insurance from Day 1
Gym Membership Discount from Day 1
4 weeks paid vacation and balance days
Health & Wellness and Work from Home Allowance
Social events and volunteer programs
Lunch and Learn Events and many more
Architech is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Should you require any accommodations prior to or during the interview process, please indicate this during the interview process. We strongly encourage applications from people with diversity of lived experience including: racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and/or people with intersectional identities.