QA Engineer, Web
RoleAll Other Remote
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in working with us? We’d love to hear from you.
As our QA Engineer for Web you will provide testing of new website features and sign off that releases are ready for production. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and collaboration with product owners are vital to success in this role. Exceptional product quality is always our goal at Arkadium.
This role is open to candidates based in Romania and will be 100% remote
Business hours are 10-19 Bucharest time.
- Functional testing of web and mobile games.
- Game analytics testing.
- Participation in product development planning.
- Estimation of testing tasks.
- Compilation of testing documentation: testing cases, checklists, reports, defects.
- Conduction of all types of testing required on the project.
- Taking part in the project meetings.
- Participation in the process of optimization of the releases of new features, as well as accompanying the releases of gaming products.
- Studying new tools and technologies required on the project.
- Experience in manual testing - 3 years.
- Experience in Web testing (front/back).
- Strong knowledge of how the WEB works, and what is: HTTP(S), JSON, XML, RESTful services.
- Understanding of the basics of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity of the specifications of working and testing the Web on platforms: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and various mainstream browsers.
- Understanding of testing methodologies and experience using one or more tools:
- Tools - Fiddler, JMeter, Allure, Network Emulator tools, Burp Suite, Postman;
- Test Management - Azure DevOps (TestPlans), HP ALM, TestRail, TestLink;
- Bug Management - Azure DevOps, HP ALM, JIRA.
- Code/Version management - Azure DevOps (Repos), TFS, SVN, GIT.
- Proficiency in English at the Intermediate level or higher
It's a big plus if you also:
- Have experience in development of automated tests;
- Worked within Scrum/Agile projects;
- Have knowledge and experience in security testing of Web projects;
- Have knowledge of HTML and CSS;