Test Automation Analyst
RoleAll Other Remote
We are currently seeking a Test Automation Analyst to write scripts, test, and do Scrum Master activities at a federal agency. The role is a hands-on position working in an Agile environment. The project has O&M and development factors. The Test Automation Analyst is a critical role for the Agency’s mission each day of the year. The Test Automation Analyst plays an essential role in several work streams as they will interface with many IT systems.
The Test Automation Analyst position will require automated testing, Scrum Master, and technical skills (see below) to be successful. Also, experience as a federal contractor is preferred. The position requires solid understanding of the agency-contractor relationship as this position involves interaction with numerous federal managers and other contracting companies. Thus, the ideal candidate for this role would need strong communication skills.
What you will be doing
- Mastering the current contract/performance work statement
- Working as a member of an Agile (Scrum) team
- Setting-up a testing environment using Cypress
- Creating testing scripts using Cypress
- Some manual testing as required
- Performing Scrum Master activities to your Scrum team
- Ensuring adherence to quality standards and reviewing project deliverables
- Managing and updating the project roadmap of major business/technical initiatives
- Updating agency SDLC documents
- Conducting project meetings and being responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Adding, updating, and completing Jira tickets to document your work activities (all work is tracked in Jira)
- Providing general team/user support
- Reporting testing out comes to the team and the client
- Training and mentoring staff, as necessary
What you need to be considered for this role (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Scrum Master certification (Scrum Alliance or similar)
- Minimum 4+ years of technical experience
- 2+ years of Cypress (automation testing) experience
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Agile experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills; ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Expert communication skills: ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats (this skill is of utmost importance to be considered for this position)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality accurate reports
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision under a system of discipline and accountability.
- Ability and willingness to learn other processes and technologies. Our team is versed in multiple technologies. If you are open to learning, you are a good fit.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while dealing directly with internal and external customers
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Position will require a Public Trust background investigation
What makes you stand out from the crowd (desired)
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Technical certifications (including PMP, ITIL, etc.)
- Prior experience with querying databases
- Prior experience with CI/CD
- Working at a federal agency and managing an IT system
- Prior experience with Atlassian’s Jira
- Prior experience with GitLab (GitHub)
- Prior experience with technical writing
- SDLC experience of any type
- Software release management
Ascella Technologies, Inc. (Ascella) is a minority-owned, Small Business that was founded in 2002 with the mission to deliver value-added services and technology-based solutions that generate real results for Federal agencies. Since our founding, Ascella has provided a wide range of financial management, accounting, system, data analytics, optimization, Agile, and IT support services to various Federal agencies.
Ascella is continuously growing and looking for team members that can help us continue to deliver value-added technology-based solutions. Ascella’s continued success is a reflection of our passion for people. We hire individuals with valuable experiences, and we strive to place people in roles that let them fully utilize their talents and flourish. With Ascella, “Your Success is Our Commitment”.
What makes Ascella employees great
- Innovative Thinkers: From small suggestions to large goals, employee voices are heard and acknowledged. We encourage employees to come up with creative ideas and give everyone the opportunity to help us define how we do things. You will have the opportunity to solve real business problems and be challenged to come up with innovative solutions.
- Lifelong learners: We value lifelong learners who are excited about professional development and personal growth. At Ascella, employees are part of a company and a culture that encourages continuous improvement of both the organization and our employees. You will work in a collaborative environment with an experienced, highly capable team that learns from each other, and you will be both challenged and supported in your efforts to learn and grow.
- Customer-Centric: Ascella is committed to complete customer satisfaction on every project. Our employees provide our customers with excellent service, proactively coming up with solutions to current and anticipated needs. The customer experience is an integral part of our mission and values, and you will work alongside people who are focused and dedicated to the commitment of customer satisfaction.
- Open Communicators: Transparency and communication are important to us at Ascella. We have an “open door” policy, and our employees ask questions and share information on a regular basis. We believe in aligning employee work with overall company objectives and being open about our strategic plan and what we are trying to achieve. We encourage regular feedback and appreciate employee input on what’s working and what’s not so we can initiate discussions about how to improve our processes.
- Inclusive: At Ascella, we encourage and embrace diversity in our workforce. We are committed to being an inclusive organization where all employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. Our employees have an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that help foster creativity and innovation and drive our success.
Position: Test Automation Analyst
Location: Fully Remote
Base Compensation: $TBD, based on factors such as geographic location and experience
Other Compensation: 4% contribution to 401(k), performance bonus, profit-sharing
Paid Time Off: 16 days PTO/year, 11 holidays/year
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k)…and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Ascella Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. Ascella Technologies is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.