Remote Lead Product Designer
Time zones: LINT (UTC +14), TOT (UTC +13), CHAST (UTC +12:45), LHST (UTC +10:30), AEST (UTC +10), ACST (UTC +9:30), ACWST (UTC +8:45), MART (UTC -9:30), NUT (UTC -11)
This role is fully remote, 4 days a week and only open to residents of Australia (excluding SA, QLD, and TAS), New Zealand, and Estonia who have the right to work within that location. We predominantly work in the UTC +10/11 time zone.
As our Lead Product Designer, you will be responsible for introducing a robust design practice into our existing team and product. You’ll conduct research to inform product decisions and priorities and use your expertise and experience to craft an accessible, easy-to-use, and beautiful solution that provides our team of engineers and our users with a high-quality experience.
As the Lead Product Designer you will be responsible for:
- Work alongside the product and engineering leads to contribute to product strategy, roadmap, and long-term goals.
- Applying a customer-centric approach by supporting end-to-end product design through discovery, ideation, iterative development, and delivery.
- “Reversing” stakeholder briefs by massaging it, questioning and validating assumptions, and seeking clarity.
- Designing and leading qualitative and quantitative research activities that suit the timeline and size of the project, such as observational studies, surveys, user interviews, and analytics reviews in order to produce deliverables, such as personas, empathy maps, journey maps, site maps, and user & task flows.
- Leading the development of design concepts, and wireframes, and creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Driving changes to our delivery process to incorporate design thinking throughout every stage and to support your best work being put into practice.
- Collaborate closely with our Design Systems Engineer to develop and maintain a component library and design system guide for engineers to use in implementation.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer who can display these skills & experience:
- Previous experience implementing a design practice, especially from scratch or legacy states, working both to ensure high user satisfaction and engineer uptake and happiness.
- Experience planning, recruiting for, and conducting research activities, creating personas, user journeys, and other tools to help inform a cohesive plan.
- Proficiency in design research, visual design, accessibility, and typography principles, experience in the creation of wireframes, lo-fi/hi-fi prototypes, and user interface designs ready for build.
- Familiarity with design and prototyping software like Figma, Sketch, Miro, and Adobe XD. We currently use Figma and Figjam for design and Notion and Linear for project management.
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to present design artifacts to diverse audiences.
- Ideally, you have experience working with under-represented and marginalized communities. Our platforms cater to, and our colleagues include, sex workers, trans and queer people, and those with disabilities.