Attuned Education Partners
Remote Senior Director of Product Management
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
"There always are folks who offer packaged solutions, but the best support providers are people who have lived and practiced the work and actually know there are no easy packaged solutions. The Attuned team offers deep expertise and thought partnership that is individualized and contextualized" (Aleesia Johnson, Superintendent of Indianapolis Public Schools).
Founded in 2015, Attuned has earned the reputation as a trusted advisor, coach, and facilitator to schools and school systems across the country, as evidenced by our net promoter score of 70. We are fortunate to have built a team with a deep connection to our mission and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism (DEIA), as evidenced by our consistently strong Gallup Q12 results.
In order to meet the demand for our services, deepen our impact, and continue to focus on the health, wellness, and development of our team, we expect our team to continue to grow for the 2022-23 school year.
At Attuned, we believe that software can and should: 1) make our planning, implementation, and progress monitoring supports more rigorous, customized, efficient, and scalable, 2) enable us to build school system capacity more quickly and effectively, 3) sustain school system capacity after our consulting support ends, and 4) create connections between users.
The Senior Director of Product Management is a zero-to-1 product management role. This role will be the central leader in charge of building a brand-new software suite dedicated to making schools more effective. This customized product will integrate the planning, implementation, and progress monitoring cycle that school systems experience with Attuned and then maintain after our services conclude. The solution will launch in phases, starting with modest MVPs that the Senior Director of Product Management will refine and improve using agile testing and learning cycles. This role and the product are essential for Attuned to dramatically strengthen results for underserved students at scale. We are seeking an experienced product leader and manager to drive this work and bring our vision to fruition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, Test, and Launch the Product
- In partnership with Attuned Partner Evan Rudall, define and operate a Product Management process to ensure successful development and use of this product
- Facilitate discovery and solution planning process with key business stakeholders, UX/UI designers, clients/users, and the product engineering team
- Drive the development of a comprehensive product roadmap in support of delivering critical outcomes and collaborate with Attuned Partner Evan Rudall to develop budget, and staffing plan to support this roadmap; post initial launch, regularly measure and communicate impact, adjusting course, as needed
- Own and deliver features from beginning to end in terms of requirements, definition, quality and metrics
- Document workflows, wireframes, and other artifacts required for development
- Break down strategic priorities of high-level features into actionable "chunks" with validated user stories, acceptance criteria and developed wireframes/breadboards
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and QA to ensure functional and visual design quality at each step of the software development process
- Develop release notes and functional documentation, or delegate and manage the development of these resources
- Engage with clients, partners, and internal teams to understand desired outcomes, ensure successful product delivery, and provide transparency into roadmaps/manage expectations
- Develop product testing, training, implementation, and release plans
- Ensure on-time service delivery, working across teams with internal and external end users, engineers, subject matter experts, Attuned Partners, and others
- Communicate project updates with clarity across multiple stakeholders, collaborate with business partners and development teams, and influence decisions at all levels of the organization
- Iterate on the above, to make mid-project adjustments to reflect facts-on-the-ground for engineering and other "discoveries" made during the work.
- Document and communicate these iterative changes within the Product Management process
- Grow the Product
- Please note the responsibilities below are subject to change. Final responsibilities will be based on the recommendations outlined and approved in the above mentioned roadmap, budget, and staffing plan.
- In partnership with Evan Rudall, manage and execute hiring process for additional capacity, as defined and approved in the staffing plan, to support the product roadmap
- Define strategy, target outcomes, and product priorities informed by customer and business needs
- Capture and analyze user feedback (surveys, roundtables, support calls, usage data) to inform the product roadmap
- Champion customer requirements, preferences, configurations and settings informed by regular client contact and user metrics
- Review, validate and prioritize product defects on the development backlog
- Track product enhancement requests and usage to provide insights and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI
- Identify product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share and improve customer experience
Who Should Apply?
Did you know that research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications? We believe that no one meets 100% of the listed qualifications. We are less concerned about whether you've done everything on a laundry list of specific things and more interested in cultivating a diverse pool of candidates who have prior experience managing and supporting principals and/or principal managers in their improvement and who want to join a connected, mission-driven, hard-working team of practitioners driven by equity.
If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply. This might be the right next role for you if you have:
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
- 4+ years experience working in software product management
- Proven ability to create and own a roadmap(s) and organize a plan to execute it
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Experience supporting capacity assessments and staffing plan development
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise software in a scaled environment
- Experience with zero-to-1 product management
- Proven ability to manage full product lifecycle with strong attention to accuracy, detail, and results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Empathy for our customers and a relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in education or ed-tech, preferred
- Familiarity with data management and student information system (SIS) in schools, preferred
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Virtual
- Travel: Occasional
- Salary range: $150,000-$190,000 plus benefits
Position Reports To
The position reports to Evan Rudall, Partner.
Application Process and Deadlines
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for historically underserved children, please submit your application below. Please note that we are now accepting applications for this role on a rolling basis and are looking to hire as soon as possible.
Our hiring process will include multiple steps, including an application review, a DEIA screen, 1-2 performance tasks-which will require pre-work and may include a debrief-and a group interview for finalists.
Attuned does not review cover letters. Instead, we ask that you respond to a set of standardized questions below. If you are interested in more than one open role at Attuned, we suggest responding to the application questions in a separate document then copying your responses into each application.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.
Still have questions about Attuned? Review our FAQ here.