Senior Linux Systems Engineer
🇺🇸 USA Only
Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our values, culture, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
The Systems team is charged with building internal tools as well as serving as the primary content creation center for Automox Worklets (https://www.automox.com/features/automox-worklets). The team utilizes skill sets from various backgrounds to continuously iterate on and introduce new functionality with the intent of simplifying use cases/processes for stakeholders across the organization. This team’s primary goal is to enable focus on day to day responsibilities by removing otherwise intrusive obstacles.
As a Senior Linux Systems Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, authoring, and maintaining Automox Worklets (https://www.automox.com/features/automox-worklets) that interact with and configure Linux, Windows, and Mac devices
- Write clean, reusable code adhering to best practices (and contributing towards continuous improvement of those practices)
- Define, implement, and maintain quality pipeline which upholds the highest of standards for Automox approved Worklets
- Work with engineering, product, and other stakeholders to ideate, prioritize, and implement new worklets and functionality that set us apart from the competition. This includes but is not limited to the implementation of:
- Command line interfaces
- Worklet helper functions
- Enforcement strategies
- Worklets as a solution to Software Deployment and Configuration Management
- Work directly with customers at the escalation of Customer Success Engineers to gather requirements and author custom worklets
- Advocate for customer use cases and perspective to various stakeholders across the Automox organization
- Act as an internal SME for all things related to Enterprise Endpoint Management
- Self-disciplined - able to own problems and deliver solutions.
- Collaborative in nature, with partners across different functions (engineering, product, design, support)
- Highly communicative to understand customer needs and regularly align with your team and partners
- Willing to expand current skill-set to contribute and improve other areas of the platform
- 5+ years of experience in Systems/IT Engineering, Administration, and/or Software Deployment/Management
- Advanced proficiency in Bash, PowerShell, or similar languages
- Previous experience with endpoint management tools e.g Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar tools.
- Specific experience in Software Deployment and Configuration Management is desired
- Previous experience with package management tools (Ex. Yum, apt-get, etc)
Colorado applicants: The minimum annual salary for this role is $98,000. Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package and is included for demonstrative purposes only.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched and secured – anywhere in the world. With the push of a button, IT admins can fix critical vulnerabilities faster, slash cost and complexity, and win back hours in their day. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States, and some parts of Canada.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved