Java Software Engineer
RoleAll Other Remote
Azimo is the better way to transfer money worldwide.
Our mission is to reduce the cost and effort of sending money internationally so that it can reach the people, families and communities that need it most.
To continue our mission, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Krakow or remotely from anywhere in Poland. Success in this position requires experience and passion for building solutions using Java with the Spring ecosystem.
As technology lovers, we constantly improve our products with new technologies and code architecture. We are open-source contributors. We've been sharing our insights openly on our blog and engineering conferences. We invest in the growth and career progression of each of our team members.
We have three hubs, in London, Krakow and Amsterdam, employing more than 170 people. We’re a fun-loving team who really believe in our mission and are proud that we are making a difference in the world.
Our core tech stack: Java 11+, Spring Boot 2, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Grafana, ArgoCD, GitLab, AWS
You will focus on
- Building and running cloud-native microservices and modular monoliths deployed into AWS communicating with each other over stateless APIs and Kafka
- Contributing to you team’s deliverables from the concept and design stage throughout development and testing, ending with deployment and support
- Contributing to technical discussions, technology choices and architectural decisions, as well as providing a technical insight when working with the business stakeholders
- Training and mentoring our Junior engineering population
- Drive towards personal growth and willingness to learn
- Experience in building backend services with Java 8+ and Spring
- Understanding of design patterns and experience in applying them
- Experience working with databases
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Nice to have
- Experience with Test First approach
- Experience with messaging systems and caching middleware
- Exposure to Domain Driven Design principles
- Experience with infrastructure as code and building for cloud
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- 28 paid holidays
- 2 additional days off for childcare support +1 day off for charity volunteering
- Language courses and extensive training opportunities
- Private Medical Healthcare for you & your family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Multisport & Lunch card
- Company and team off-sites (when travel resumes). Previous locations include Ibiza, Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Use of MacBook
- Friendly atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- International Team environment