Senior Software Engineer Platform
UK, Germany, France, Spain, and the Netherlands
RoleFull Stack Programming
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 884M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 1000 Back Makers by the end of 2022! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Berlin, Barcelona & New-York). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of Technology
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
As a Senior Platform Developer and part of our Developer Experience Team, your mission will be to develop, set up and maintain a consistent set of tooling, components and processes that will allow our feature teams to work with the best possible, high quality, automated, secured, and frictionless environment.
You will work closely with other transversal stakeholders (e.g. QA, SRE, Infrastructure, Security) to build Back Market's CI/CD stack and the tooling necessary to streamline, manage and debug micro-services. and reach the ambitious goal we have for 2022.
- Build tools using Python and GoLang
- Maintain the different tools and work with contributors across the Platform and our feature teams
- Work closely with developers to identify needs to enable them further and drive improvements
- Constantly assess the currently used tools and determine when they should be replaced or differently configured.
- Advocate best development practices
- Supporting teams in increasing delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
- You are an expert in GoLang or Python
- You’re not afraid to look into the source code of a third-party library and are willing to contribute to it
- You know what it means to ship high-quality code.(clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, SOLID).
- You have basic working knowledge Knowledge on working on our Tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices architecture, DataDogDocker, RESTFul API, Datadog
- You’re willing to receive and give feedback. To maintain a safe and inclusive workplace, and foster team spirit
- You are willing to listen to your peers, communicate and push for development best practices
- You are excited about learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to both our customers and the world
- You're fluent in English (spoken, written)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.