Senior Frontend Engineer
About the role:
As a Frontend Engineer you'll envision and build elegant systems and abstractions around the complexities our users encounter in shipping their ML products. This can range from UI builders which empower our js-averse users to create complex UIs, to systems that make ML models serving and monitoring more approachable.
We all work closely with our users, learning from their past struggles in operationalizing ML, onboarding them onto our platform, and turning our learnings into ideas for improving Baseten.
As an engineer, you:
- have experience shipping rich, interactive frontends; bonus points if you have experience with React + TypeScript.
- are comfortable building interfaces that are data-intensive and building tools for technical audiences.
- have experience establishing standards and best-practices for other frontend developers.
- don't need to have prior ML experience, but are open to learning about it.
- can own products and projects end-to-end; engineers and designers at Baseten also function as PMs, so we'd like everyone on the team to be able to empathize with our users, understand/write project specs, and manage the end-to-end execution of projects.
- are comfortable with navigating ambiguity and enjoy the journey as much as the destination.
- are motivated by customer problems and find joy in creating simple, elegant solutions that avoid unnecessary complexity.
- exercise good judgment on tradeoffs and tools needed to solve the problem and don't over index on trendy/fashionable tech unless it's the right tool for the job.
- demonstrate pride, ownership, and accountability for your work and expect the same from your teammates.
Our current tech stack:
- Frontend — React + TypeScript + GraphQL + Cypress
- Backend — Python + Django + Postgres
- Infrastructure — Kubernetes + Knative
We're a small team without levels to our job titles. The official internal title for this role is "Frontend Engineer", but the job responsibilities align with what would be considered a senior-level position at a larger company.
- Competitive compensation. We aim to provide 90th percentile (or better) salaries and equity grants for every team member commensurate with their experience.
- Remote-first work environment. The Baseten team is welcome to work from wherever they want; fully remote, based in an office, or a mix of both. Today, our team (including our founding team) is spread across the United States, Canada, and Armenia. We have an office in downtown San Francisco. We provide a $1,000 stipend for you to make your home-office comfortable and productive.
- Quarterly in-person team summits. We get together as a team four times a year to plan, workshop, and most importantly, get to know each other better.
- Unlimited PTO. We ask that everyone take at least 4 weeks of vacation. And we have a company-wide break between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family
- 16-weeks fully paid parental leave (adoptive and non-birth parents included) and flexibility with schedules while returning to work
- Company-sponsored 401(k) for you to contribute to
- Learning and development budget. We encourage you to take classes, attend conferences, and invest in your craft and we'll cover expenses to make it happen.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved