Salesforce Systems Specialist
RoleAll Other Remote
- Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
- We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
- Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
- Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
- We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Business Systems department look like?
- At Bench we're aiming to make a profound difference in the lives of our customers by making entrepreneurship more accessible. We are doing this by delivering disruptively affordable and simple accounting services for small businesses in the US - where 80% of business owners today either do not do any bookkeeping; or, struggle to do it themselves.
- Reporting to our Director of Business Systems, you'll be a critical team member helping implement an exciting, best-in-class, Salesforce system and process transformation. While you bring technical Salesforce knowledge and experience, you'll greatly expand on this experience and knowledge by working closely with a highly skilled team to improve the technical architecture and scalability of our CRM implementation.
- With the Business Operations and analytics team members around you, you'll drive a transformation of how systems, data, and analytics support Bench's business from Salesforce. As a technical Salesforce specialist, you'll be empowered and trained, working closely with a collaborative engineering and data organization, to create outstanding solutions at the heart of transforming Bench's use of Salesforce for efficiency, automation, and actionable insights to deliver business results!
What you'll get up to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement in our Salesforce implementation that aligns to our scaling and ever-changing business needs
- Maintaining core Salesforce platform configuration (Flow, validation rules, custom fields, page layouts, profiles, permission sets, sharing rules, etc.)
- Modernizing legacy process builders and workflows into scalable Lightning Flows to help standardize & streamline processes
- Troubleshoot, debug, and resolve system and process issues of varying complexity
- Assess the impact of proposed business process changes and design solution implementations that minimize risk and maximize business impact
- Create documentation, training materials, and carry out solution demos and user training
- Gather feedback and data points to form opinions on improving user training/adoption and business outcomes
- Identify opportunities for best practices in areas of the business with low governance and standardization, create suggestions for potential best practices
- Identify themes across bugs and develop proposals to create larger scale infrastructural projects in partnership with peer specialists and engineers
What you'll need:
- Salesforce Administrator certification
- Minimum 2+ years Salesforce administration experience in a Lightning environment
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a business-focused role (business/process analysis, business user of Salesforce or another CRM within sales/marketing/sales ops, etc.)
- Proven ability to successfully launch solutions end-to-end: requirements gathering, build + test + launch, documentation, enablement, and training
- Demonstrated ability to build efficient Lightning Flows for automation
- Solid understanding of the Salesforce data model, permissions, profiles, and sharing rules
- Ability to write effective SQL queries to perform data exports and analysis
- A genuine passion for helping people and building systems in Salesforce that create outstanding internal user experiences
- Accountability and a results focus, along with the ability to build strong relationships with others based on integrity and authenticity
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, an amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
It could be an even better fit if you:
- Experience simplifying complex automations, reducing technical debt, and mass data normalization & cleanup
- Experience with Apex, Lightning Aura/Web Components, and Visualforce
- Building integrations across systems using middleware software solutions or APIs
- Passionate and motivated to learn and grow your Salesforce expertise and certifications
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $65,760 - $82,200 per year, depending on experience.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service, and access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC's Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home or in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! If you're interested in remote only, we currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- We provide solutions to bring all teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Regardless of how many days you decide to visit the office, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.