Senior Financial Analyst
RoleManagement and Finance
What’s Bench? Visit Bench's latest news to see what's happening, and read what our customers have to say. You can also check us out on Medium, on our LinkedIn page, on our Instagram, and on our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench was founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Finance team look like?:
We are hiring for a Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team remotely anywhere in Canada, or on a hybrid schedule in BC’s lower mainland.
This role is an individual contributor within our Financial Planning & Analysis team focused on our R&D and G&A teams, and operating expenses. As a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for crucial budgeting, forecasting, and analysis to support the company’s financial health and business strategy. You will provide key financial insight, and business support for business partners, and senior management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical skillset, and experience driving process improvements. They will possess the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate complicated concepts to diverse audiences. They will have experience in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting, and will have a strong understanding of financial statements, and accounting principles.
What you’ll get up to:
- Lead the annual/quarterly OPEX budgeting process, including coordinating with functional leaders to develop budgets and presenting them to senior management.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting packages for the company's operating expenses, including monthly variance analysis and trend analysis.
- Participate in the development of long-range financial plans and scenario modeling to support strategic decision-making.
- Support the company's finance transformation initiatives by recommending and implementing process improvements to streamline financial reporting and analysis
- Leverage analytical thinking to solve complex or ambiguous problems by conducting root cause analyses to identify key drivers of business performance.
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting requests from senior management.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting or strategy. Direct experience in financial planning & analysis is a plus.
- Strong understanding of software as a service (SaaS) business model.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate complex financial data.
- Proven experience and knowledge of accounting concepts and financial statement construction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- At Bench, we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $77,775 to $91,500 per year, depending on experience.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) which offers counseling and support, for you and your family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home or in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! If you’re interested in remote only, we currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- We provide solutions to bring all teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Regardless of how many days you decide to visit the office, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 90 days per calendar year.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.