Staff Writer - Future of Mobility
RoleSales and Marketing
Staff Writer — Future Of Mobility
Timings: 40 hours a week, Asia/Europe day time
Benzinga is looking to add a staff writer to the Asia/Europe hours desk, to cover the 'future of mobility.'
This person comes preferably with both demonstrated experience in journalism and familiarity with the advancements in the auto and space industries. This full-time job entails covering mobility-related news, events, and analyst commentary.
This is an opportunity to make an impact and play a key role in the growth of a top-50 financial publisher. As a writer with Benzinga, you will have a direct hand in creating content seen by millions of readers that impact the industry as a whole.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create compelling and engaging content for our audience
- Keep pace with the latest trends and events in the auto and space industries
- Follow analysts or other experts in the industry and cover their views for Benzinga's audience
- Build sources and establish PR connections with companies
- Ensure that content follows Associated Press and Benzinga style guidelines and generally accepted principles of journalistic writing and ethics.
The usual schedule would involve a shift of 8 hours somewhere between 8 pm ET to 10 am ET five days a week, Monday through Friday, as set at the time of joining.
- Bulletproof writing skills are a requirement, with a strong working knowledge of Associated Press style, media law and the principles of news writing and reporting.
- Outstanding creative and analytical skills.
- An understanding of financial markets and investing topics.
- A strong interest in segments like electric vehicles, green energy and space tourism.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred; with an emphasis on journalism, English or a related field strongly preferred. This can be substituted with equivalent experience in relevant fields.
Benzinga is a premier financial media platform that helps millions of people improve their trading and investing each month. By providing superior information, data, and tools, Benzinga gives individuals the edge needed to profit in financial markets. Our team is devoted to the ambitious mission of making financial information easier to consume.
Benzinga is growing rapidly and we are seeking mind-blowingly talented and detail-oriented professionals with knowledge of web technology, finance and writing. The search for the driven, dedicated, and self-starting individuals who will help propel Benzinga into its next stage of growth is on.
Are you looking for a “leave your ego at the door,” teamwork-oriented environment? Do you love the idea of a role where every single day offers new challenges? Then Benzinga is the place to be.