🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As a Business Analyst, you will help drive our business forward through analytics. After detecting insights and opportunities through data, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders in Network Operations, Analytics, Product, and Finance to integrate a working model or reporting system that capitalizes on these opportunities. Finally, you will build systems of measurement to enable the team to measure the success of these optimization initiatives.
An ideal candidate thrives at the intersection of strategy, operations, and analytics. They can intuitively detect patterns through data while maintaining a high attention to detail. While they can tactically build a dashboard, they can also think beyond the data in order to best align their analytical approach with our strategic goals. They balance a high level of intrinsic curiosity with a bias towards action through cross-functional collaboration. This is a perfect role for an extreme analytics owner who has a passion for exploring problems and developing solutions through data.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct analytical deep dives in specific areas of the business to uncover actionable insights that can enable our operation to scale in an optimal way for members, coaches, and BetterUp.
- Partner with strategists to build, test, and operationalize new datasets and models that enable us to capitalize on optimization opportunities
- Develop reporting that improves operational visibility and enables us to systematically resolve suboptimal operational outcomes
- Collaborate across diverse stakeholders, including regular engagement with Network Operations, Analytics, Labs, Sales, Finance, and Product
- Evangelize data through educating non-technical users on how to self serve, help them understand what the data is and isn’t saying and work with them to help them bring your insights into action
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 4+ years of experience programming with SQL, and LookML (Python / R experience preferred)
- Experience building operational models and reports within a fast-paced business environment
- Proven ability to quickly climb new learning curves with a strong bias towards action amid ambiguity
- Ability to navigate multiple levels of thinking; you can consider high-level strategic objectives when creating a mental model to understand a problem as well as tactical considerations when designing an analytical solution
- Strong oral & written communication skills- ability to translate complex findings into simple and explainable recommendations
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.