Customer Success Manager (B2B SAAS)
🇺🇸 USA Only
Betterview is a high growth SaaS startup in the Insurance space. We’re seeking an experienced and high-impact Customer Success Manager to help our customers achieve their business outcomes.
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the only property data platform that informs every transaction for decision-makers who want to reduce risk, cost & waste in an increasingly competitive environment. We provide software and services that capture, organize, and analyze data for buildings and properties to unlock valuable insight. Our company is quickly becoming essential to every transaction by making every property thoroughly understood.
Every day, our team is focused on helping our customers achieve their business outcomes. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insights that are important to their businesses. We combine high quality human interactions with easy to use software that empowers our customers to underwrite better via data-driven decision-making.
Betterview is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Customer Success Manager who will be responsible for helping our customers realize their business outcomes from Betterview’s solutions. Part project manager, consultant, and product expert, the Customer Success Manager will focus on helping customers improve their ability to leverage our predictive analytics to make better underwriting and risk-management decisions across the entire policy lifecycle.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience, you will oversee our largest P&C insurance customers to discover their business needs and challenges and then coach them on the best ways to use Betterview to solve them. You will provide input on strategic customer plans, helping to identify areas where existing customers could improve their use of Betterview and/or uncovering new uses altogether. You will be responsible for tracking and reporting the appropriate metrics to measure the results of Customer Success as it relates to product usage, contract renewal/expansion, customer satisfaction and churn. You will partner with Sales to help advise prospective customers on the best way to launch Betterview in their companies. Furthermore, you will collaborate with our Product Design, Engineering, and Operations teams by bringing them the ‘voice of the customer,’ including representing customer insights to problems our platform does not currently address.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead and manage all account activities for a portfolio of strategic, high growth customer accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, measured in part by account renewal and upsell.
- Renew and grow customer accounts.
- Schedule and execute business reviews.
- Implement existing and create new underwriting, claims and loss control best practices that optimize the customer experience.
- Partner with the Director of Value Consulting to establish and optimize customer workflows.
- Gather customer feedback.
- Convey engagement, enthusiasm and empathy at the point of contact with all external and internal customers.
- Anticipate and understand needs by connecting the dots.
- Balance initiative and self-direction with the need to work with and motivate others.
- Roughly 10-20% travel expected post-COVID.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS Customer Success or Account Management role.
- 2+ years of experience managing strategic/enterprise accounts, including ownership of or involvement with customer renewal.
- P&C insurance experience preferred.
- A track record of success executing the ‘expand’ of a land & expand strategy with strategic/enterprise accounts.
- Adept at driving customer loyalty and adoption by leading customers to achieve their business outcomes by leveraging Betterview solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building internal and external relationships by always delivering value.
- Experienced at leveraging Salesforce or another leading CRM to “manage out” (customers and colleagues), “manage up” (leadership) and manage yourself.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
The successful candidate:
- Good at connecting dots for customers.
- Is proactive in driving business value for customers.
- Is commercially oriented; experienced at securing renewals and qualifying for expansion opportunities.
- Is excited at the prospect of helping to shape an ever-evolving role in a fast growth company.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is organized and self-motivated.
- Overall attention to detail.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Medical offerings include PPO, HMO, and HDHP options through Kaiser, Anthem Blue Cross, Sharp Health, and Sutter Health.
- Betterview covers 75% of the sponsored medical plan employee premium, 60% of dependents.
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the employee premium, 50% of dependents.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- FSA and HSA.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Full-time employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off; part-time employees accrue PTO on a pro-rated basis.
- Paid parental leave, up to 12 weeks of maternity / 4 weeks of paternity leave.
- Basic life and AD&D insurance. Betterview pays 100% of the premium. Employees receive a benefit amount of $50,000.
- Shortterm disability. Betterview pays for 100% of the plan premium.
- Charity contribution match, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Professional development reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
COVID Vaccine is required as a condition of employment with Betterview. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete this application, please let us know by contacting HR(at)Betterview(dot)com.