Jr. QA Analyst
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That's what we're all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. We are a fully remote company and we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that's where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst to help us in our quest to create the most fun social and mobile games. As QA Analyst, your primary responsibility is to create and execute test cases for assigned features while communicating issues, risks, and test statuses in a timely and detailed manner. You are a key player in helping us provide our fans with the best gaming experiences possible. This position is offered 100% remotely.
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the integrated game code
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the product at all times; understanding how the features and functionality are related and interdependent
- Executing test routines for integration, system, load, and performance testing
- Effectively collaborating with team members to achieve the best results
- Be an active participant in the development process accountable for signing off on deliveries and attesting to stability and that they meet all design criteria.
- Properly catalog the priority and severity of issues found during the QA testing process
- Managing and merging approved pull requests via GitHub
- 1+ years of experience in a QA environment, testing across the web and mobile platforms
- Experience using Jira and Confluence to create and manage bugs and Produce reports
- Experience with Test Run execution
- Proven track record with Manual Testing
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, in both verbal and written format
- Online environment and mobile testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with scripting
- Experience using various bug-tracking systems and test case management programs is an asset
A passion for gaming
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.