Lead DevOps Engineer
The Lead DevOps Engineer's primary goal is to develop and manage our global AWS infrastructure that delivers the BigChange platform. Ensuring this is resilient, secure, efficient, monitored and cost-effective. They work closely with the development teams ensuring great collaboration is taking place across the whole technology team supporting and improving CI/CD. They are driven to deliver world-class developer efficiency through the automation of deployment pipelines and a hunger to seek out inefficiency and automate or create self-sufficiency in the development team.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, you will join at an exciting and influential time. You will design and build the practices and strategies to support the DevOps goals and build the team that will help you deliver. You will be responsible for managing, monitoring, enhancing and maintaining our production environments and supporting the process that the development teams use to deploy our products to environments with a focus on automation.
- Strong hands-on experience in Cloud technology – specifically AWS
- Experience working in a highly available production environment
- Excellent knowledge of immutable infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, test automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Deployment of Infrastructure using CloudFormation, Packer, Docker+EKS
- Experience with Source Control, Build & Release Pipeline
- Strong TCP/IP networking understanding e.g. (VPC, VPN, Peering, Transit Gateway)
- Excellent understanding of security
- Scripting automation skills e.g. Powershell, Bash
- Familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of performance monitoring tooling (CloudWatch, ELK, New Relic)
- Understanding of web services built on Linux (IIS - beneficial)
- The ability to lead, manage and inspire other members of the DevOps team.
- Understand and keep up to date with business-specific technologies & systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- 27 days annual leave, increasing by a day per completed year of service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional 4 gifted BigRecharge days, allocated once a quarter where we all take a paid day off to focus on our wellbeing.
- Gym or Zwift membership contributions.
- Flexible working and remote working options.
- Income protection and death in service.
- Health care cash plan.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies from day one of employment with a £200 gift from BigChange on the arrival of a new baby.
- Company events.
- Learning and development opportunities.