Cloud Operations Engineer
Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
You will be joining a very closely integrated and supporting team that is willing to tackle all sorts of challenges. Team fit is something that we take pride in and is one of the most important factors when joining our team. We always default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt our thinking, and expect high performance because we play like champions.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer on mid or senior level to design, develop and rollout continuous improvements to our infrastructure, production systems, delivery mechanisms and supporting tools. The role requires a deep understanding of infrastructure design, AWS cloud solutions, Open source and Enterprise solutions know how and good communications skills. You will be working alongside developer, architecture, security, product and other departments to continue to deliver excellency at Bitstamp.You will be joining a very closely integrated and supporting team that is willing to tackle all sorts of challenges. Team fit is something that we take pride in and is one of the most important factors when joining our team. We always default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt our thinking and expect high performance because we play as a champions.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with engineering departments to ship product and non-product features.
- Design, deploy and maintain our roads to production.
- Automate as much as humanly possible.
- Monitoring infrastructure and resolving disruptions.
- Helping to discover new practices in the financial world.
On day one you'll bring
- In-depth knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of web servers.
- Good knowledge of MySQL and in-memory datasets.
- Bash scripting and python programming knowledge is a must.
- Good understanding of IaC approaches and CloudFormation / Ansible playbooks.
- Decent knowledge of caching and queueing technologies (Redis, Memcache, ActiveMQ).
- Experience with the use of IaaS providers, such as AWS.
- Knowledge of version control systems.
- Experience with information security best practices.
- Active knowledge of English.
- Analytical thinking.
- Learning agility.
- Ability to solve the challenges, and working independently as well as in a team.
- Experience with on-call.
We'll love it even more if you have
- Operational familiarity with Atlassian products such as Jira / Bitbucket / Confluence.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Automation / Orchestration Frameworks such as throposphere, terraform, pulumi.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Ansible Tower.
- Experience with large scale systems and running 24/7 services.
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- A Creative thinker - a box? what box? there is no box.
- A Self-solver - you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Visionary - imagine what is possible and have the courage to take risks that will drive our business forward.
- Hybrid or 100% remote working/full time on possible locations: Slovenia/Serbia/Croatia/Austria/Belgium/Luxembourg/the Netherlands/UK/Spain/Portugal.
- The benefits of Life at Bitstamp
- A truly flexible working environment and an ability to work where you are most productive. Sometimes at work, sometimes at home, sometimes on the move.
- Access to great technology (with a choice of laptops!).
- Generous home office allowances on joining to help set up your home space.
- Long term employment, training and development opportunities, great company culture.
- Competitive benefit programs developing for each market.
- Industry mentors, and opportunities to develop and learn from others.
- Internal Gaming Tournaments and regular collaboration events.
- Bitstamp Cares 💚. The communities which are important to our people are important to us, and we are active in our support and celebrations.
- A VERY pet friendly office culture. We love animals (actually are kind of crazy for them) and celebrate the love and companionship they share with us. Please bring them with you to work (seriously).
- Delicious breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, cofee, tea, full fridge of beverages and ice cream in collaboration hubs.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future. Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.