Product Marketing Manager
RoleSales and Marketing
At the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (‘the SIG’), we envision a world where everything and everyone that wants to connect should be able to do so in a simple, secure, and wireless way. Shipped in over 4 billion products per year, Bluetooth technology is a true global standard turning that vision into reality. And now, you have an opportunity to join the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry!
At the SIG, we advance the awareness and understanding of Bluetooth worldwide, oversee the development of new generations of Bluetooth technology, and provide the processes and tools for developers around the world to build, test, qualify and brand their Bluetooth products.
Our collaborative, fast-paced company culture and critical role in creating a more connected world provides you with a unique opportunity to collaborate with the companies creating the world’s most advanced products and for you to be at the forefront of technology innovation.
At the SIG, collaboration, commitment, integrity, respect, humility, and creativity are at the core of who we are and are displayed on a daily basis as we cultivate relationships with our members, business partners, and our organization. When joining the Bluetooth SIG, it means you share and display these values at the highest level.
As Product Marketing Manager, you will own technical marketing for Bluetooth specifications, services, and features enhancements. This Product Marketing leader is responsible for technical positioning and messaging, building out content assets, launching and evangelizing new features, serving as a technology expert, as well as assisting in the ongoing evolution of Bluetooth. Working as a Product Marketing Manager at the SIG, you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
What Does Success Look Like?
You are an extremely motivated, strategic product marketer who can work with minimal supervision in the rapidly growing Bluetooth technology domain. You have a passion for making complex underlying technologies appear simple and can demonstrate how they meet various use case requirements. You are adept at seeing the big picture and how to bring various components together to create complete solutions. Your technical prowess and collaborative style enable you to leverage various experts and resources to get things done. You have practical business sense and are excited about the impact Bluetooth technology is having in cities, businesses, homes, and all of our lives.
- Content: Defines content strategy and creates or sources technical marketing content, including papers, presentations, demonstrations, and videos
- Messaging: Develops technical positioning, messaging, and proof points for new and existing Bluetooth capabilities.
- Launch: Leads the creation of go-to-market for new Bluetooth features, specifications, and services in partnership with Corporate Marketing & Market Development
- Evangelism: Evangelizes Bluetooth technology by participating in webinars, speaking engagements, roundtables, meetups, social networks, and writing blogs
- Market Intelligence: Leverages market research to understand Bluetooth technology trends, emerging opportunities, member insights, and target markets & use cases
- Technical Expert: Serves as a Bluetooth technology subject matter expert in of support Corporate Marketing and Market Development initiatives
- Bluetooth Technology Roadmap: Supports member companies in the development of new work proposals and maintains a prioritized new feature pipeline for outbound marketing & promotion.
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert-level knowledge and understanding of Bluetooth technology
- 5+ years of wireless technology product marketing experience in semiconductor, embedded software, or end-product industries
- Travel requirements up to 25% (domestic and international)
- Demonstrated experience in technology messaging and content development
- Strong understanding of buyer personas and developer journey
- Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills, including senior leadership, media, and analysts
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and partnerships across all levels of an organization