- Full time - Mon to Fri (9am - 5:30pm GMT)
- Remote (Work from anywhere within the UK!)
- Starting ASAP
Bookwhen is a flexible and affordable booking solution used by thousands of customers worldwide. We support a diverse range of customers - from yogis to alpaca walkers and potters to large multinationals! Helping our customers turn their passion into a business is our biggest motivator. Our small team are passionate and autonomous people with an entrepreneurial mindset. We’re a group of creative thinkers focused on quality and collaboration.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced customer support individual to join our team full time. We’re looking for someone who is technically minded and empathetic and is comfortable owning all aspects of Bookwhen customer support interactions, including live chat, email, phone and social media.
As the voice of Bookwhen, you will be maintaining our excellent service reputation and helping our customers get the most from our product. You’ll be triaging bugs, passing on development requirements and communicating with developers on new releases and investigations.
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 9 am - 5:30 pm GMT, and we support customers in many countries and time zones. A typical day on support will involve answering how-to questions, investigating issues our customers are experiencing and speaking with leads browsing the website. Every week you will spend four days on support and one-day off support to focus on follow-ups, training and other personal projects. You’ll have regular check-ins with your line manager and be encouraged to collaborate on projects with the broader team.
Initially founded in Oxford, UK, we’re a remote-first business, giving our team flexibility in their location. We aim to meet and spend time together at least four times a year and strongly emphasise a genuine work-life balance.
You’d be joining Bookwhen at an exciting time as we’ve had significant growth over the past year, both in our customer base and the size of our team. With a clear and well-established product-market fit, we see a huge opportunity to grow further, and your role will be integral to achieving our goals.
We’re a team of passionate and hardworking people who believe in the value of what we bring to our customers. We’re also a social, friendly bunch who love to chat and support each other. Our Slack workspace has different channels that encourage us to talk about our passions and interests, such as board games, gardening, music and home brewing. We sometimes host a virtual ‘Bookwhen social’ where we can all catch up and have a laugh together. We love a pub quiz and have even dressed up to play a Murder Mystery game!
You are someone who…
- Has 2+ years of technical customer support experience at a SaaS business
- Is reactive and has a proven fast response time on live chat
- Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a team but can also work autonomously
- Has a creative and holistic approach to problem-solving
- Appreciates feedback and understands how it benefits personal and group development
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is self-motivated and can work autonomously with little guidance
- Is kind, empathetic, caring and loves to help people
- Is tech-savvy and quick to learn new systems and software
- Acts with integrity, transparency, directness and humility
- Is emotionally resilient and able to keep calm during stressful situations
- Is based in the UK
It would be a bonus if you also...
- Have experience working via email, live chat and phone
- Understand what makes a great customer experience
- Have a background in sales
- Have experience working in a remote team
- Annual leave - 33 days per year (you decide if you’d like to use these on bank holidays)
- Up to 5 unused holiday days to be carried over to the next year
- Budget for co-working spaces and office equipment
- Quarterly company away days
- Budget for training and conferences
- An annual allowance for attending Bookwhen hosted classes and courses
- Monthly wellbeing budget
- Annual paid charity day
Bookwhen is proudly an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.