RoleAll Other Remote
A QA Engineer will have a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications as well as an ability to customize them to help Brado’s business become more secure and efficient. This person will work collaboratively with the Director of Software Engineering and analytics leadership across the company to drive cohesive work on the company’s digital health platform offerings. The QA Engineer will also work closely with the Development, Data Science, Operations, Client Partner teams and directly with our clients. They will lead the efforts relating to all aspects of Quality Assurance- including performance, testing, test cases, unit testing and automation testing. They will work as part of a team utilizing the latest technologies including ML and AI-enabled care navigation platforms.
While this is a remote position, ideal candidates will live near one of our collaboration centers in St. Louis, Chicago or the Dallas/Ft.Worth areas, so that they can be on-site with teams regularly.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for identifying bugs, issues, defects and eliminating mistakes in code before it is released to the production environment.
- Perform comprehensive regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Create automated and manual test cases
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Contribute to engineering team’s execution of software development deliverables through daily stand-ups, sprint strategy, and collaboration with the Scrum Master.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards for code quality and thoughtful design.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for public cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Documenting recommendations for future features and enhancements to the platform.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix, document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Assist customers and end users with issues as needed.
- Assist with education of functionality of our platform solutions.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training when necessary.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in Quality Assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Familiarity with Azure cloud architecture and deploying multi-tenant environments in a cloud environment.
- Ability to communicate technically complex material to audiences with differing levels of technical knowledge, including clients.
- Solid understanding and experience with Agile and Scrum processes.
- General knowledge of modern programming languages and frameworks such as PHP, Laravel, Python, Java, React, VueJS, NodeJS etc.
- Familiarity with various database platforms such as MySQL/MSSQL.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework.
- Experience building digital healthcare products and platforms.
- Experience building high-scale and highly available computation systems.
- Experience building data-intensive, ML/AI, or other analytical systems.
- General knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- Familiarity with HIPAA, HITECH and PCI compliance
- Experience cloud environments to external APIs such as Twilio or OpenAI.
- Aligns with our values: People, Commitment, Aspiration, Trustworthiness & Impact.
- Demonstrates these Brado-specific hard & soft skills: Agile, Bold, Innovative, Curious, Empathetic, Teamwork, Self-starter, Verbal & Written Communication, Creative Thinking
- Adhere with all Brado and client required training and guidelines for market research and healthcare industry regulations and laws. Specifically (but not limited to) Pharmacovigilance (PV) and Healthcare Providers (HCPs) processes and reporting, Ethics, Confidentiality, Data Privacy / Security and Harassment.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home