UI/UX Designer, Growth Products
🇺🇸 USA Only
Let's face it, the energy sector doesn't have a great reputation.
We’ve all heard the horror stories. You might have been hit with an astronomically high energy bill or witnessed a general lack of customer service.
At Branch Energy, we're doing things differently.
We build software that makes it easy for consumers to reduce their energy bills and carbon footprints. We help our customers save money and save the planet. It’s a win-win.
With a combination of empathy and a whole lot of data, we’re able to offer our customers green energy at a fixed rate that’s competitive with the financial cost of the greenhouse gas emitting stuff (never mind the long-term implications on our environment).
We’re here to build something great.
We believe in what we do and we have the potential to make the world a better, cleaner place. There’s a lot of room for improvement in this tired industry, and we’re excited to deliver a level of service our customers didn’t think was possible from their energy company.
We’re still in our early days, but we’re growing fast. We raised a Seed round in 2021, and we’re gearing up for a big 2022.
Climate change is a huge problem, and it will take the best and brightest minds to make a difference. We expect big things from our team, but if you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
We're a close-knit Product team made up of Product Designers, Product Managers and Growth Specialists. UI/UX teams are embedded on product teams so that they can be involved with projects from the get-go and work really closely with other disciplines at every stage of the process. When it comes to our growth as a team and as individuals, we think big and work purposefully. Every day, we strive to work in an environment that is collaborative and supportive. Our empathy for our users inspires us to create products and experiences that are truly exceptional.
In this role, you will need to/you can expect to:
- Work with our Growth & Product Growth teams, helping to drive every aspect of the UX process, brainstorming the next great experiment, and validating solutions at scale
- Take broad, conceptual growth ideas and turn them into something useful and engaging for our customers
- Design flows, optimizations, and experiences that are elegant and simple
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, Content Strategists, and more to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- Focus on identifying the highest impact ideas and turning them into compelling user experiences that grow our products
- Work closely with engineering to implement and refine your designs
- Balance business goals with our user’s needs to inform product strategy
- Champion consistent experiences across platforms and contribute to our design system
- Help build our growth design practice, enabling us to do our best work, the best way
You should have/You’re a good fit for this role if:
- Have a deep understanding of the entire design process, including user research, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Are able to produce beautiful visual designs driven by strategic UX thinking
- Use research and data to inform their designs, advocating for our users out of deep empathy for them
- Are obsessed with over-optimizing flows (you have ideas on how to improve referrals, cross-sell, onboarding, etc.)
- Takes initiative, bring ideas to the table, and own projects
- Have experience with a test and learn approach to design, including multivariate A/B testing
- Have experience building, contributing to or working with design systems at scale, across multiple platforms
- Have strong skills and practical experience with the tools of the trade (we use Figma!)
- If you’re excited to be part of Branch Energy's mission and the impact we can have on the world, along with your resume, send us a few portfolio pieces or case studies that demonstrate:
- Your ability to produce polished and well-thought-out experiences
- Your growth and learnings throughout the project
- Your design process and how you collaborate with other disciplines
You’re a good fit for our team if:
• You believe climate change is real and want to fix it
• You know that working with a small team can be a roller coaster and you’re excited for the ride
• You value transparency and feedback
• You know that MVP doesn't just stand for 'most valuable player'
• You have opinions and ideas, and you’re not afraid to share them
• Most importantly, you take initiative and get stuff done
What you can expect from us:
We are a passionate team with a BIG mission. We foster a culture to get the best out of all our team members and have a track record of growing careers for those who demonstrate high performance and commitment.
We offer a competitive salary, equity, vacation, work perks, and a remote-first work environment!
Ready To Go? Apply now!
We strongly believe that products are better when they're built by people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applications from everyone - regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. If you need accommodations or adjustments throughout the application or interview process, please let us know.