Data Engineer - Analyst
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleFull Stack Programming
This is for a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers their customers. With over 12 billion records and 14 million visitors per month, they reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
We are looking for a Data Engineer, Analytics to join our team and help build our NextGen customer data management, analytics, and ML platform. This role will work as part of the larger data science and analytics team to build and maintain business-critical data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Design and build maintainable and scalable infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from backend services and web browser clients to our data lake and other reporting databases
- Build and manage tools to monitor pipeline performance and provide deeper insight into pipeline metrics
- Monitor data pipelines and services for issues and ensure identified bugs are routed and resolved
- Work with large, complex SQL and NoSQL databases
- Create and maintain technical documentation and write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering or software development
- Strong competency in SQL and Python programming
- Experience with AWS eco-system and working with services like EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets in a Hadoop or Spark environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development
- Strong Ruby and/or Java programming skills
- Experience with and understanding of ETL tools
- Understanding of event data collection tools like Segment Tealium, mParticle, etc