Bridgit is workforce intelligence for the construction industry. Our mission is simple – to help the trillion dollar construction industry maximize profits and reduce risk by taking a people-first approach. We are, and always have been, driven by the want to disrupt and transform construction.
Bridgit was founded on the belief of disrupting the norm and challenging conventional processes by defining real problems for real people. We strive to build approachable yet innovative solutions.
We offer a remote-first environment with flexible working hours as well as options for working locations. At Bridgit, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact!
The Engineering & Product team at Bridgit
We’re always learning and iterating to continually build efficient, motivated, empowered teams that scale with the company. Our development teams are made up of specialists across various areas: product management, design, front & back end development, and testing. Each team has ownership of a cross section of our main product (Bridgit Bench) which we refer to internally as “Product Focus Areas”. We believe the combination of a cross-functional team and product ownership truly empowers our teams to make their own decisions and move as they see fit toward completing established business and organizational objectives. Each team is in full control of their agile development process as they move work from the “Fuzzy Front End” (problem definition) into solution development and then into execution and feedback. Our teams make decisions based on data that we gather from product use and various other channels, and are encouraged to tackle big- bet/innovative projects in addition to obvious iterative product improvements.
What you will do
As a Backend Architect, you will design, experiment, test and build new solutions and extend existing ones. At Bridgit, you can expect to work as an integrated product development team. Designers, developers, and testers work together with no silos or artificial barriers. Your focus will be in designing and building robust systems that scale and, most importantly, make our customers happy.
You can expect to work on Bridgit Bench which:
- Runs on AWS
- Has both REST and Graphql APIs
- Runs in Kubernetes on infrastructure managed as code with Terraform
- Leverages serverless technologies like AWS Lambda
- Is continually deployed to production via automated CI/CD pipelines
What you will bring
Current and future Bridgitrons embody these core values:
- Deliver results, fast. We are resourceful, adaptable and resilient. We hold ourselves accountable.
- Fixate on the customer. We obsess over our customers, seeking to better understand them, their world, their needs and their behaviours.
- Be open, be honest. We keep our minds open as we actively exchange feedback, drawing on our diverse perspectives.
- Win or lose together. We don’t point fingers when we lose, and we celebrate together when we win.
- Never stop learning. We continually set the bar higher.
Does that sound like you? Great! Here’s what else you’ll need:
- You have experience building quality software with a deep knowledge of one or more programming languages
- You are an expert at architecting and designing backend systems
- You have experience owning and driving long-term technical direction
- You are eager to develop and ship SaaS products
- You are proficient in developing & debugging software that employs multithreading, caching and persistent data stores
- You have the ability to build and maintain code as part of a SoA/microservice system
- You elevate your team by mentoring and coaching junior developers
- You can effectively communicate your ideas with other developers and stakeholders
- You are enthusiastic about staying up to date on current technologies and development methods
We believe that creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success. We recognize that many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. If you’re not sure you meet every qualification but feel you have other experience relevant to the role, we encourage you to apply.
What you will enjoy
- A collaborative, autonomous environment where you can make an impact quickly
- A culture that encourages innovation and professional growth
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Perks and benefits including unlimited vacation, 4-hour Fridays and extended long weekends
Bridgit values diversity and believes that our strength comes from including the perspectives of all kinds of contributors. We encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including racial minorities, LGBTQIA+, and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process, please advise us of any needs as required.
Founded in 2012, Bridgit is a privately held Series B company, having raised over $43.5 million CAD in funding, from investors like Camber Creek, Export Development Canada, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and more.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved