Bridgit is workforce intelligence for the construction industry. Our mission is simple – to help the trillion dollar construction industry maximize profits and reduce risk by taking a people-first approach. We are, and always have been, driven by the want to disrupt and transform construction.
Bridgit is a Series B company, having raised over $43.5 million CAD in funding, from investors like Camber Creek, Export Development Canada, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and more.
We offer a remote-first environment with flexible working hours as well as options for working locations. Make an impression, make an impact.
The Dev Team at Bridgit
Here at Bridgit we’re always learning and iterating to continually build efficient, motivated, empowered teams that scale with the company. Our development teams are made up of specialists across various areas: product management, design, front & back end development, and testing. Each team has ownership of a cross section of our main product (Bridgit Bench) which we refer to internally as “Product Focus Areas”. We believe the combination of a cross-functional team and product ownership truly empowers our teams; they make their own decisions and move as they see fit as they work toward completing established business and organizational objectives. Each team is in full control of their agile development process as they move work from the “Fuzzy Front End” (problem definition) into solution development and then into execution and feedback. Teams make decisions based on data that we gather from product use and various other channels and are encouraged to tackle big- bet/innovative projects in addition to obvious iterative product improvements.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for building reliable infrastructure to support our Engineering team. You will manage the availability of all AWS services while supporting the needs of different PFAs through tooling, automation, operations, research and consultation.
At Bridgit, DevOps is responsible for building, managing, and maintaining most of our critical systems. You play a key role in CI/CD workflows as well as in ongoing monitoring and triage of development and production systems. You will build scripts, tools, and utilities that make it easier for developers, support staff, and other dev teams (design, product) to do their jobs. In many ways, DevOps is the glue that holds the whole development team/system together.
You can expect to:
- Define, manage and enhance DevOps best practices
- Assist in designing, building and maintaining secure, resilient and scalable architecture
- Create and maintain tooling for development teams to utilize
- Monitor and troubleshoot system errors/issues
Let’s start with our core values:
- Deliver results, fast
- Fixate on the customer
- Be open, be honest
- Win or lose together
- Never stop learning
Does that sound like you? Great! Keep reading.
- You have strong scripting experience (3+ years) and are passionate about building diverse, robust tooling (Python, Bash, etc.)
- You know various cloud environments, most importantly AWS
- You are passionate about building and maintaining highly-available distributed applications
- You are proficient with monitoring and alerting applications
- You are eager to take part in continuous integration and continuous deployment (GitLab)
- You have a good understanding of container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- You have a solid knowledge of Agile build and development processes
- You have an enthusiastic interest to stay up to date on current technologies and development methods
- You hold a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or ample practical experience
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. We believe that creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success. If you’re not sure you meet every qualification but feel you have other experience relevant to the role, we encourage you to apply.
As we move into a remote-first future, the health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, customers, and communities remain our number one priority. While vaccination is not a condition of employment, Bridgit does require all team members to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the Government of Ontario, when entering our offices and attending in-person events, subject to applicable legal exemptions.
- An autonomous environment with the opportunity to make an impact quickly
- A culture that encourages innovation and professional growth, among other things
- Competitive salary and options
- Perks and benefits including unlimited vacation, 4-hour Fridays and extended long weekends
Bridgit values diversity and believes that our strength comes from including the perspectives of all kinds of contributors. We encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including racial minorities, LGBTQIA+, and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process, please advise us of any needs as required.
Jobs by Expertise
Jobs by Skill
© Copyright AllRemote 2022. All Rights Reserved