Chief of Staff to the CEO
🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleAll Other Remote
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a highly distributed team supporting fully remote employees across every time zone in the US. We also have hubs in Austin, Denver, and San Francisco. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to join the Leadership team at brightwheel. We are entering a new phase of growth as we massively expand our scale & reach in early education, and we need a talented partner to the CEO to help drive performance and execution across the company. We are looking for a world class problem solver and a highly analytical and structured thinker that can break down and solve any challenge. You must have exceptional collaboration skills and be highly adaptable, with an ability to build trust with folks at all levels. You demonstrate the highest levels of ownership (never say “that’s not my problem”) and operate with a low ego. You are a clear communicator, both written and verbal, and consistently show the highest levels of integrity and professionalism. All in all, you can take on anything thrown at you, and always get it done.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as key advisor and confidant to the CEO and the Leadership team (a la Amazon Technical Advisor Program), helping steer and navigate on the company’s top priorities
- Amplify the effectiveness of the CEO and the Leadership team by facilitating decision-making and execution and serving as the ultimate utility player
- Set company priorities and drive the operating rhythm of the business, including annual planning, company OKRs, and executive team meetings
- Drive cohesiveness and alignment on vision, strategy, and culture with our Senior Leadership Council
- Guide effective change management during organizational and business transformation
- Drive critical communications for the CEO and Leadership team, ranging from Board prep to bi-monthly company All Hands
- Ultimately accelerate our ability to achieve our vision of high quality early education for every child
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 5+ years of experience, ideally with experience in management consulting and/or fast growing tech
- Top notch critical thinking and analytical skills; can break down complex problems into discrete digestible pieces and drive effective solutions
- Learns extremely quickly; can understand any challenge and quickly hone in on what matters most
- Very high EQ and highly adaptable; able to read a room or an audience and adjust approach to be most effective
- Able to build deep levels of trust with senior leaders, external partners, and staff at all levels; not afraid to directly challenge on important issues; exceptional listening skills
- Highly structured; able to build solutions and programs from scratch
- Excellent verbal and written communications with a crisp, concise and effective style
- Low ego with high degree of ownership; never says “that’s not my job”; resourceful and scrappy
- Owns their own professional development; doesn’t need direct coaching to find opportunities to improve; highly receptive to feedback and eager to get better every day
- Exemplifies best practices in creating an equitable and inclusive work environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
Brightwheel offers a competitive compensation package (base salary, equity and benefits) with a strong emphasis on equity-based compensation (ownership in brightwheel). For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In alignment with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $141-$176K. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above. If you are applying from a different location and have questions on the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.