🇺🇸 USA Only
RoleManagement and Finance
LOCATION: Caliber provides a remote workplace model with access to co-working office space in the US for employees who would like a change of scenery or an opportunity to meet with local colleagues.
Caliber is a strategic marketing communications firm that helps companies tell their story and connect with key stakeholders. We partner with established industry leaders and rising entrepreneurial organizations within financial services, fintech, insurtech and proptech.
About the Role:
Caliber is looking to hire a PR pro to join our team as an Account Manager. Caliber Account Managers play a key role in leading our client engagements by developing and executing effective communications programs for our clients in the B2B and B2C sectors spanning our industries of focus - financial services, fintech, insurtech and proptech.
In this role, you will be responsible for nurturing a strong industry and journalist network and developing an enviable corporate image for each of our clients.
Our team represents a talented and inclusive workforce. If you're looking to work with a supportive team of PR pros who value flexing their creative muscles while producing excellent work (and having fun at the same time) - check us out! The right candidate will thrive in a boutique agency environment where they will be part of a growing team in a fast-paced and supportive work environment.
About your responsibilities:
- Account Management:
- Serving as the day-to-day contact for a group of clients, working with senior leadership within financial services and technology (Fintech, Proptech and Insurtech) companies.
- Team Management:
- Mentoring supporting staff on relevant accounts, showcasing strategic thinking, and setting proper direction while also focusing on executing this strategy.
- Maintaining client-specific media lists/databases across broadcast, podcast, online and print media outlets.
- Managing junior team members, helping them set career goals and supporting their continuous growth.
- As the primary day-to-day client contact, you must be accessible and responsive to journalists and clients.
- Strategy Development & Media Placement:
- Developing media relations strategies for clients, setting short- and long-term goals, and seeking industry-relevant placements across mediums
- Proactively identify media opportunities for clients and effectively communicate recommendations and action plans to secure these opportunities
- Support and evolve our approach to client analytics and measurement of results
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make strategic recommendations about the communication strategies surrounding them.
- Strong writing skills with experience crafting press releases, media pitches, annual plans, executive bios, company overviews, bylines and other professional communications
About Our Ideal Candidate
- 4 years minimum relevant experience in PR, fintech or related field
- Intellectual curiosity about businesses and how communications plays a role in business’ growth
- Enthusiasm for fintech and financial services and their constant innovation and evolution
- Solutions oriented with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Passionate about communications with polished presentation skills
- Team player, supportive and considerate of others
- A student of the media – identifying new publications, writers and relevant topics
Caliber is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.